x
Beta Member

Feature Request: Restaurant Reservations

Using Square for Restaurants and wondering if square appointments would work for making restaurant reservations?

[Moderator has updated the title of this thread from it's original: Restaurant Reservations]

Message 1 of 57
3 Verified Answers
Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Restaurant Reservations

Hi there, @SqScullery738 - still no update for you on this one just yet. As soon as we have a bit more to share, we will reach back out here and let everyone know.

Cheers!

Verified Answer

Re: Beta Recruiting: Table Reservations with Square Appointments

Table reservations is available as an add on subscription service to Square Restaurants and Square Retail. For more information please join our Beta Community

Verified Answer

Beta Recruiting: Table Reservations with Square Appointments

Hello

Table reservations are more crucial than ever when managing your restaurant. Through our newest feature in Square Appointments, you will be able offer bookable table reservations to your customers. This will assist you in providing safe social distancing for customers who choose to visit your location in person. We’re looking for your help in testing out this feature. At the moment, the product is in early testing, which is why your input will be invaluable.

beta.PNG

If you are interested in testing out this feature, please comment in the thread below and I’ll be sure to add you to this beta. Also, if you haven't done so already, please be sure to join the beta seller community channel to stay up to date on this beta!

56 REPLIES 56
Square Community Moderator

Hey there!! At this time, this is still a large feature request within our Restaurants community. While you are able to use appointments to book reservations, the integration would not be fluid, since they aren't designed to work together, and the two apps would have to work separately from each other. 

This is a great feature request though and I will be sure to pass it along to the right teams!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 57
Beta Member

Thank you for the response Ashley. I actually played around a little with the appointments feature and it doesn't work at all for reservations.

An integrated restaurant reservations system for square would be great so thanks for passing that request along.

Message 3 of 57

I'm very interested in this as well. Is there an update on if/how appointments can be used for restaurant reservations?

Message 4 of 57

Hey! Thanks so much for asking. At this time, it's still being tracked as a feature request, but any time we have a request, we do share it with our Product Teams, so please keep track of this thread as we will post any updates in our Seller Community. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 5 of 57

Hello! Following up to see if this feature has become available?

Message 6 of 57

Hi there, @PSD - thanks for reaching out and checking in on this thread. Regretably, still no update on this front just yet.

We hope to be able to provide you some positive news on this feature in the near future. We will update everyone when that time comes. Stay tuned!

Joe
Message 7 of 57

I am using appointments atm but it’s not great just because  it allocates time to each appointment and is not possible to book many tables at the same time. You can choose between 5 min upto 2 hours for “service” so for example I choose 15 min which is actually not the duration of the “service” but interval between bookings but to people who book it shows they have 15 min to have lunch- all in all very inconvenient 😞 hoping for solution 🙂

Message 8 of 57

Can square appointments take restaurant reservations or wine tasting reservations? 

Message 9 of 57

Hey @Aidehini,

I don't think Appointments would be the best option for that kind of business set-up based on how it's designed.

You might want to look into our Square Restaurants and see if that's something that could work for you. 

Ashley C
Message 10 of 57

Hello everyone!

@Stanley , @JaeHermann7 , @PSD , @Aidehini 

Wanted to give an exciting workaround that was just shared about how to do Reservations via Square Appointments.

Full details are here in this post from one of our Restaurants managers. 🎉

Ashley C
Message 11 of 57

@ashc Your post link says its been removed, whats the status of this work around?

Thanks, Ian

Message 12 of 57

Oh noooo!! Looks like this post was removed or the link is broken. Is it still available anywhere?

Would love to hear if there are any news on the table booking system or if the workaround video is still up somewhere. I tried to use the calendar in the past and it really didn't work so well for us.

Message 13 of 57

My apologies @aa4 and @bossanovacafe!

It looks like the post was archived so it might of been a temporary workaround.

I reached out to the Restaurants team for clarity and to see if there's any other workarounds or news about this to provide so hang tight and I'll loop back once I hear back. 

Ashley C
Message 14 of 57
Beta Member

Would also like to have a restaurants reservation feature. Square for restaurants needs a boost, IMO. Not keeping up with the industry.

Message 15 of 57
Beta Member

Is there any update to this? If there's one thing that could substantially help independently owned restaurants out right now under the circumstances, it would be a reservation solution. With increased mandatory safety measures, also means decreased / limited capacity abilities... having the ability to streamline this online would be optimal. Please help. 

Message 16 of 57

Hi there @SqScullery783 - thanks for bumping this up and reaching out to check in on this Feature Request.

No update to provide on this one, just yet. As soon as we have a positive update to share here we will bounce back and let everyone know. Thanks for hanging tough with us!

Joe
Message 17 of 57
Beta Member

Is there any possible way to utilize square appointments for direct Restaurant Reservations? Especially under the current circumstances, this is most definitely a huge need for small independent Restaurants trying to navigate these times, while also adhering to new safety standards and severely limited capacity abilities due to covid. If there is no option yet, can you please let us know if there's any kind of eta on this matter, surely we're not the only ones practically begging for a solution at this point.

Message 18 of 57

Hi there, @SqScullery783 - just reaching out on this thread to let you know I've gone ahead and merged your post into the existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding reservations. The destination thread is that same thread you commented on earlier.

This action is taken to help us better keep track of Feature Requests. We recommend continuing to monitor that thread for most up-to-date information regarding this feature.

Joe
Message 19 of 57
Beta Member

Any updates on developing a reservation app for square? It would be a feature most helpful during covid to help control flow. Please log my request for this feature as well. 

Message 20 of 57

Hey @YourMoms and thanks for your added input on this feature request! 

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Ashley C
Message 21 of 57