x
Beta Member

Feature Request: Restaurant Reservations

Using Square for Restaurants and wondering if square appointments would work for making restaurant reservations?

[Moderator has updated the title of this thread from it's original: Restaurant Reservations]

Message 1 of 57
3 Verified Answers
Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Restaurant Reservations

Hi there, @SqScullery738 - still no update for you on this one just yet. As soon as we have a bit more to share, we will reach back out here and let everyone know.

Cheers!

Verified Answer

Re: Beta Recruiting: Table Reservations with Square Appointments

Table reservations is available as an add on subscription service to Square Restaurants and Square Retail. For more information please join our Beta Community

Verified Answer

Beta Recruiting: Table Reservations with Square Appointments

Hello

Table reservations are more crucial than ever when managing your restaurant. Through our newest feature in Square Appointments, you will be able offer bookable table reservations to your customers. This will assist you in providing safe social distancing for customers who choose to visit your location in person. We’re looking for your help in testing out this feature. At the moment, the product is in early testing, which is why your input will be invaluable.

beta.PNG

If you are interested in testing out this feature, please comment in the thread below and I’ll be sure to add you to this beta. Also, if you haven't done so already, please be sure to join the beta seller community channel to stay up to date on this beta!

56 REPLIES 56
Beta Member

Message 22 of 57
Beta Member

@YourMoms  This is a really convoluted way to take reservations.  I tried it and it doesn't work well.

Message 23 of 57
Beta Member

Bummer. Wish they could add this feature. 

Message 24 of 57

Seems idiotic and counter productive that this isn't already a feature. Why must such smooth sleek apple technology always lag years behind software wise? Steve Jobs would not be proud. 

Message 25 of 57
Beta Member

Any update on this feature request?

Message 26 of 57
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @maizevalley - still no update to share on this one, just yet. As soon as we have a positive update for you, we will reach back out here and let you know.

Thanks for hanging in with us.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 27 of 57
Beta Member

Trying to view the linked post and I'm getting an 'access denied' message.  Any idea why this is happening?

Message 28 of 57
Super Seller

link doesn't work anymore. What is the solution for this? hard to imagine having a Restaurant software with no Reservation system attached. 

Luke Nieuwland
Owner/Operator
https://www.whiskyrun.com/
Co-Founder
https://birrdi.com/
Co-Founder
https://www.lakeeffect.ca/
Message 29 of 57

Does the restaurant plus app offer a reservation system for online booking by customers?

Message 30 of 57
Beta Member

I wish. 

Message 31 of 57
Beta Member

Message 32 of 57

Hello

Table reservations are more crucial than ever when managing your restaurant. Through our newest feature in Square Appointments, you will be able offer bookable table reservations to your customers. This will assist you in providing safe social distancing for customers who choose to visit your location in person. We’re looking for your help in testing out this feature. At the moment, the product is in early testing, which is why your input will be invaluable.

beta.PNG

If you are interested in testing out this feature, please comment in the thread below and I’ll be sure to add you to this beta. Also, if you haven't done so already, please be sure to join the beta seller community channel to stay up to date on this beta!

Message 33 of 57
Beta Member

Definitely interested in testing this. I have a paint your own pottery studio and we need a way to offer table seatings. I have quite a few collegues that use Square POS around the country who I imagine would be interested once it is available too. 

Message 34 of 57
Admin

Table reservations is available as an add on subscription service to Square Restaurants and Square Retail. For more information please join our Beta Community

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 35 of 57
Beta Member

Hi, we would like to test this. We are a full-service restaurant and are currently using OpenTable but their terms and pricing are not a good fit for us. The main thing we need is the ability to allocate table inventory by capacity. For example, we have 6 tables indoors, with seating capacities of 2, 2, 2, 4, 4, and 10. This gives us a total capacity of 24. However, if I get 6 2 tops, I need to automatically block reservations. Ideally this would integrate with our floorplan but I would be happy with the ability for my guests to book an actual table and not just seats!

Cheers,

Jason

Message 36 of 57
Beta Member

Hello, I'm also definitely interested in joining the program!

Message 37 of 57
Beta Member

We would like to test this restaurant booking feature, thank you.

Message 38 of 57
Beta Member

Is there an update on availability to reservations for restaurants It is a feature that we have direly needed.

Message 39 of 57
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @SqScullery738 - still no update for you on this one just yet. As soon as we have a bit more to share, we will reach back out here and let everyone know.

Cheers!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 40 of 57

Hello, I'd be interested in beta testing Square Reservations as well. 

Message 41 of 57
Beta Member

@kellyj I’ve searched everywhere throughout the Beta Group and Support about the add-on to Square for Restaurants to take reservations. Is there a link or screenshot you can provide? 

Message 42 of 57