x

Food Truck wants to have event hosts pay online in a separate part of website from menu items.

We have a new food truck business. We like Square very much so far. One recent challenge we have run into - we want our event hosts to be able to pay online - especially the deposit we require. Outside of doing a manual transaction, we are struggling to figure out how we can do it.  Considering setting it up like a separate location. Can anyone provide any advice?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

You could create a category just for these types of purchases. Are all of the deposits the same? I'm trying to get an idea of how the process would work, but maybe I'm not understanding the question fully. Could you walk us through a sample checkout flow you would like your customers to experience? 

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

@ColbyE 

There are a couple different workarounds for this I would recommend.

#1 As already said, you could set up a category and a specific item for the deposits.  You can share a checkout link from the square dashboard that the hose can click and pay online.

#2  Invoices can be used to bill the client and you can have them pay online via link or QR code that way also.

If you want a website that is standalone and you just have the person go to a specific place you can do the following:

Go to your online store ---> Settings --->Self-serve ordering --->setup QR codes

Set up the QR code with number of stations as 1 and the location can be event hose or whatever you want it to be and then get the e-mail.  Create the item/items you want for the host to be able to pay with fixed amounts (can't use variable online) and then mark them as available for self service ordering. (Not all items are available for self serve ordering unless you mark them as so)

Now you can do 1 of 2 things.  You can scan the QR which is just a URL link.  You can share that link or the QR code.  The second thing you can do is edit your website and place a link/section on your website and use that URL as the link. When the person clicks the link it will take them to that self serve ordering link and they can "order" and pay.

This may be an unorthodox work around but there are several ways you can accomplish this depending on how automated or integrated you want to make the system short of setting up a second site and having a separate website for your event coordination.

Hope this helps..@ me with any questions.

Donnie

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 3 of 3