x

How do I adjust tipping amounts on Square for Restaurants?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Adjusting Tip Option Amounts in Square for Restaurants]

How do you adjust the tip amount options in square for restaurants? We currently have 10%, 15% and 20%. We would like to make changes to those amounts. The only info I have is related to the Square Pos app and not the Square for restaurants app.

Message 1 of 6
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Adjusting Tip Option Amounts in Square for Restaurants

Hey @Dalest

Editing tipping amounts for Square for Restaurants will be done in your Online Dashboard. Here are the steps on how to do so: 

1. Log into Dashboard
  2. Select Points of Sale
  3. Select Edit settings or (shared settings)
  4. Select "Set percentage amounts"
  5. Customize your tip percentages
  6. Select Save

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 

1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @OlneyWinery 👋 Violet here, following up for @isabelle. It looks like you still need help with this, so I kept the ball rolling on your inquiry.

You are correct, the Dashboard has had a bit of a makeover since 2019. You'll be able to access the settings for your points of sale by first selecting "devices" on the left, as shown below. Then, you'll be brought to the "point of sale devices" screen. From here, select the device or devices you want to edit and scroll down to the tipping section.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions 😊

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @Dalest

Editing tipping amounts for Square for Restaurants will be done in your Online Dashboard. Here are the steps on how to do so: 

1. Log into Dashboard
  2. Select Points of Sale
  3. Select Edit settings or (shared settings)
  4. Select "Set percentage amounts"
  5. Customize your tip percentages
  6. Select Save

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 6

I see this answer from 2019 but it looks like the Dashboard is now set up differently because we can’t find “point of sale” to click on within the Dashboard. We tried looking for “edit settings or shared settings” and do not see this anywhere. We have the same issue- we need to be able to change the tip percentages. Please advise. Thank you 

Message 3 of 6

Best Answer

Hi @OlneyWinery 👋 Violet here, following up for @isabelle. It looks like you still need help with this, so I kept the ball rolling on your inquiry.

You are correct, the Dashboard has had a bit of a makeover since 2019. You'll be able to access the settings for your points of sale by first selecting "devices" on the left, as shown below. Then, you'll be brought to the "point of sale devices" screen. From here, select the device or devices you want to edit and scroll down to the tipping section.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions 😊

Violet
Message 4 of 6

Hi Violet-

Those are the directions for regular Square POS (white icon) and we already know how to do that and have our tip percentages set the way we want them there. But, that info does not transfer to Square for Restaurants (orange icon).

Both the OP, and I, asked about changing tip percentages in Square for Restaurants.

We now primarily use Square for Restaurants in our business and need to be able to change the default tipping percentages. It is defaulting to offering 15, 18, and 20% tipping options right now, and we do not want that. We would like to be able to change it to 18, 20, and 25% as tip options.

Please reply with info on how to change tipping percentages in Square for Restaurants (orange icon).

Thank you

Message 5 of 6

Hey there @OlneyWinery 

I just corroborated and @Violet's instructions are correct for Square for Restaurants. Please visit this link to find the screen we are trying to get you to so you can modify the Tipping Percentages.

This screen now contains the Device settings for Square Point of Sale, Square for Retail, and Square for Restaurants.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Message 6 of 6