x
Beta Member

How to change order time after online order is placed?

Hi, we've been using the online ordering system at our food cart for several weeks now. Overall, it's working well. One pain point is that we have the orders defaulting to a set time, but order prep times change rapidly during the day, especially when we are very busy. It would be useful if we could increase the prep time after the order comes in as needed. As it is right now, we have to text or call the customer to see if they can wait longer, which is very time consuming and doesn't always work if they're already in transit. We lost an order this way today that we had to credit back to the customer as they showed up way too early. Is this a feature that could be added? Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Thanks for posting and bringing up this suggestion, @abrokenangel. While we don't have this particular option, you can set prep time individually at the item level. You might be able to use that to give some items a longer prep time if you're finding that those particular items to align with your overall prep time.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

Hi, thanks for your response. What I'm looking for is a feature similar to Grubhub or DoorDash where when the order comes in, it defaults to the time I have in the system but I can immediately input the correct pickup time if it's going to take more time (or less). We would like to use the online store down the road for our own delivery team as well, but without being able to adjust the order time as the order comes in, we may need to look elsewhere.

Message 3 of 8
Admin

That makes sense, and I can definitely see how that would be helpful for you. I'll take your feedback and share it with our Product team.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

@AdamB +1 for people who want this. It'd be really nice, especially when a customer requests to pick up later than originally ordered.

Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

@AdamB  I am a rep for another business that would greatly benefit from this feature! Please tell the devs we need it!

Message 6 of 8

Still wishing this was an available feature through Square/Weebly.  It is so convenient in DoorDash/GrubHub to be able to change our default prep time on the fly during very busy periods of the day or when an extra large order comes in and other orders will be delayed.  Has this been implemented yet?

Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

Tbh, I wish Square would copy some of the features on Doordash, UberEats, etc, in handling online orders. Besides the additional prep time requested above, some the features I’m looking for are:

1. the ability to 86 items for a certain duration throughout the day

2. Adding extra charges to an order to accommodate special requests

3. Temporary pause incoming order during busy time

4. Preschedule holidays hours and closures

Whoever working in this area should sign up for a Doordah tablet and copy all their features. It would make our lives so much easier. 

Message 8 of 8