x

I am thinking about trying to use Square to run a Wine Club membership and a Winery Tasting Room.

I need tools to organize inventory, shipping, customer engagement, and reoccuring billing for a wine club.  I already use it in the Tasting Room for POS, but putting together the pieces for run a wine club is more complex.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

I have the same need, and there is no apparent Square module.  Square thinks in terms of a rewards program; buy twelve cups of cofee get the thirteenth free.  This just isnt't what a wine club is.  

Message 2 of 49
Admin

Hi @Skirch and @bnichols, thanks for sharing your experience! Glad to hear you're interested in utilizing more of Square's features at your wineries.

@bnichols, any chance you can reply with more details on what you're looking for in a rewards program? I'll be sure to surface any feedback to our product liaison team. 🙂

I wanted to circle back with some updates and suggetions on the features mentioned earlier:

Hope this information helps. As always, feel free to reply here with any other suggestions or insight. Cheers! 🍷

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 49

Hi Tom,

I own a facial spa and we use Booker Software (hate it). I want to switch to Square but it's unclear how we'd track the membership program.  So if someone buys a membership for $49 and they get one facial per month, I need a way to track that they came in and used that facial credit.

I think the same need would apply to many other businesses.

Thanks!

Scott

Message 4 of 49
Admin

Hey @snelles, welcome to the seller community! 👍🏻

Thanks for bringing this up. At this time, we do not have a way to keep track of, or restrict services based on a subscription payment. While you could use Square Appointments and Square Point of Sale to book and accept payments, you would still need to keep track of whether the facial credit was redeemed outside of the app. 📅

I agree that this type of feature would apply to other business — I'll be sharing your post with our Product Liaison team, who is always working to improve our services based on seller feedback.

Please keep in touch and don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up. 

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 5 of 49

@Tom  Hi, I'm in a similar situation as the spa and the winery,  I have a paint studio and my customers are asking for a monthly subscription that they can sign up for so come in more often.  Please keep me in the loop if/when Square develops an app that will cater to businesses that have customers who want recurring monthly subscription benefits. Thanks! -Regina

Message 6 of 49

Hi Tom, et. al.,

We are a small winery that would also like to move to square (our current POS is EoL next year).  The wine club is a critical capability for us.  We however need both recurring billing an tracking of when a customer has exercised their club purchase (similar to the SPA needs).  Any updates on these features would be great.

As an alternative how many folks out there would be interested in an app that had these features (we have some reasonable coding expertise in house)

Message 7 of 49
Beta Member

We would be interested in looking at anything that would make our wine club easier.  We just rolled it out and will be scheduling our first pick up this spring.

Message 8 of 49

Can I asked what software your using for your wine club 🙂

Message 9 of 49

Hello @Skirch. I am in the same boat as you with my wine club. Wondering if you ever found a solution. Thanks!

Message 10 of 49
Beta Member

Any updates to this thread for wineries looking to use Square for wine club? I haven't seen any updates to this for awhile now. 

Message 11 of 49
Square Community Moderator

Hi @bellsprings

No updates as far as new features that would help with most of the questions within the thread, however a few other sellers might be able to chime in with their workarounds. 

I think I've seen @BellaBistro and @ErinF chime in about their own wineries and how they utilize Square. Any thoughts on this? 

Message 12 of 49

Hi folks - I would also LOVE to use Square to run a wine club membership for my family's winery.  Square POS is so easy - but having the ability to identify customers, give them specific discounts based on their subscription service, and helping run mass group orders to wine club members on a quarterly (for example) basis would be so great!!  Any thoughts on this happening?  Or, has it already happened?

Message 13 of 49

Hello @CoryB

We're still in the process of collecting feedback for these feature requests. If work begins we will make sure to post an update in this thread! 

Message 14 of 49

Any news on how to do bulk charging? It just took me 2 1/2 hours to run the individual charges for the wine club 

Message 15 of 49
Admin

@dracaenawines

No updates on the request for bulk charging. Is automated billing a card on a file an option for your business? It would take a bit to set up recurring invoices - but then you can just set it up to automatically run your payments monthly.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 16 of 49

Hi there! We are in the same boat with our club. We are manually charging for our club and it takes half a day. Did you find a solution or an app that can handle bulk/mass charging?

Rebecca 

Message 17 of 49

Have all of you thought about looking into a 3rd party like WineryConnect that syncs POS with Wine Club modules, eCommerce platforms, etc?

Message 18 of 49
Beta Member

We are a small winery who would also like to use Square to manage the wine club we are starting this spring.  At some point, we will move to a more robust system built specifically for wineries but in the meantime, we need to start with what we have, and that is Square.  The Loyalty program doesn't seem like it will work for us.  We can, and do, use the marketing tools, but need to figure out how to customize it for wine club members.  A subscription add-on would be very helpful.

Message 19 of 49

Hi all, i was recently told by a winery that there was a thread about integrating Square to a wine club solution so I think I found it here.

Even though its a few years old I am hoping I can be of help to anyone who is still looking for an integration like this, it's actually something we are currently in the phase of wrapping up. I would love to hear more about what everyone's needs are.

Thanks!

Message 20 of 49

It looks like the ability to have a club with recurring payments is expressly prohibited. https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5089-prohibited-goods-and-services-with-square-point-of-sale

I'd like to know why that is.

Message 21 of 49