x

Individual Coupon Codes

We are sending out $1 OFF coupon codes to some of our customers but I would like each customer to get a specific one-time use code. So for example, Jon Smith gets a code thankyou1 and then Jane Doe gets a coupon code thankyou2. Is this possible to do through square?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @JTsBagels 

This is totally possible through Square Marketing!

If you set up an email campaign through Square Marketing, and add a block for Coupon, it automatically generates a random One Time Use Only 6 digit coupon code that works on your POS system!

Hope this helps,
Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 19

Hello! 

Is this possible for Online Store? and through Online Square marketing emails (weebly)?

Message 3 of 19
Alumni

@TiffanyNR  Unique coupon codes are not available with the Online Store and therefore can't be sent through online store marketing emails at this time.  

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 19
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @JustinC 

I thought there was an update a month or so ago that the unique coupon codes from Square Marketing now do work with Square Online?

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 5 of 19
Alumni

Hmm, now you got me second guessing lol @Pesso. Double checking with our Customer Engagement Team now. I'll be back either Monday or Tuesday 🙂

Justin
Message 6 of 19
Alumni

Back, I stand corrected! @pessosices @TiffanyNR

Justin
Message 7 of 19

@JustinC 

I tried the unique auto generated coupon codes via marketing on Square dashboard (coupon code states can be used online too). However, when we tested it and went live, the coupon codes generated were a string of numbers (###-###) that the website didn't recognize. Help needed, thank you!

Message 8 of 19
Alumni

Thanks for writing back @TiffanyNR - I've never seen that kind of error before. I suggest reaching out to our Team of Email Marketing experts for guidance. They'll be able to pinpoint the root issue. 

Justin
Message 9 of 19

Hi was this issue resolved yet? I just sent out a marketing email yesterday with auto-generated coupon codes, but received several return emails saying the codes do not work?! This is VERY FRUSTRATING because not only does it leave a bad impression on my customers, but I also paid for the emails and they are worthless!

Message 10 of 19
Super Seller

Just chiming in here. I am having a similar issue with unique coupon codes, issued via email automations from Square Marketing, being recognized at checkout with Square Online. Looking forward to the update that gets all systems communicating. 🤞

MOGO Korean Fusion Tacos
eatmogo.com
IG: @eatmogo
Asbury Park Food Collective
asburyparkfood.co
IG: @asburyparkfood
Message 11 of 19

I'd also like to bring to attention that this issue is also haunting me as well.  Anytime I send out a code, quite a few customers are unable to apply the code.  This in turn jams up our phone line will customers calling to resolve the issue.  Now when I send out marketing emails the target is to fill more orders...make more money....making square more $$$.  But with this all I'm doing is adding unnecessary labor.  All the while, this issue remains unresolved...yet Square still charges me full price for Email Marketing.  Ill be sure to check back in 4 more weeks and see if there is a resolution to this issue.  

Message 12 of 19
Beta Member

I am wondering if there is a way to generate unique coupon codes that get sent out through another email system? We are partnering with an organization that is offering a discount to our restaurant for people who sign up with them and I'd like the ability to give them a string of unique coupon codes to use. Is it possible to generate this string of codes for use in store and online and not go through email marketing?

Message 13 of 19
Beta Member

Hi there. I'm pretty sure we can do it, but if I'm wrong then would a string/batch of unique square e-giftcards suffice?

We'll look into it the next couple of days. DM me if you want to shoot over your email, so we can give you direct updates as we look into this. 

ps - we're Square's most advanced Tech Partner and we specialize in creating solutions and one-off features. And, we have so much technology there's a lot we can do for free.

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites
Message 14 of 19

I just tried a coupon and null. HELP

how do I do the multiple giftcards its for a survey I asked to be filled out...

Thanks

Miriam

Herbas®

miriam aristy-farer
Message 15 of 19
Admin

Hey @MIRIAMARISTYFAR 👋

I want to make sure I'm understanding what you're wanting to do. You're trying to send out multiple gift cards via email, yes?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 16 of 19

I was able to figure it out! I was in the wrong section and follow the help links very helpful:-) someone already redeemed, the coupon for filling out a survey

miriam aristy-farer
Message 17 of 19

thanks for checking in😀

miriam aristy-farer
Message 18 of 19
Admin

@MIRIAMARISTYFAR Oh good! Glad to hear it's all working out for you. 😊

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 19 of 19