x

Are there troubleshooting steps for my Square Register?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: LOOKING FOR ANSWER FOR SQUARE REGISTER DROPPING WIFI DURING TRANSACTION?]

I HAVE SQUARE REGISTER AND IT DROPPING WIFI DURING TRANSACTION SCREEN SAY NO WIFI AND WIFI SIGNAL SHOW FULL. 

THANK FOR THE HELP

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

We use two Square Registers and haven't experienced anything like that.  I'd suggest contacting Square support directly for assistance.

Message 2 of 6
Alumni

Hi @Mac,

Sorry to hear you're dealing with this. 

There is a list of basic checks you can do for many issues you may encounter with Square Register. Please make sure to walk through the following before going through issue-specific troubleshooting steps:

• Make sure your device is connected to power. Square Register needs to be powered to function.
  • Make sure your device has the latest software. To update your Square Register software, tap the down arrow at the top of your Register and select Settings. Scroll to the device section, tap General > About Register > Software Update.
  • Make sure your device’s date and time are accurate. If they are wrong, please update them via the Settings section.
  • Make sure your account is activated. Only US accounts can use Square Register at this time.

If you are still experiencing issues, feel free to check this support article for more information.

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 3 of 6

I am having the same issue with my Register - but the path you are suggesting is the fix is not my issue - it says that the software is up to date. So, any other suggestions?

Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

Is it possible to run a cord to the register and run off of ethernet. To see if there is an issue with interference, spotty wifi, or a bad register?

Message 5 of 6

No - but I now have my internet provider involved to make sure that the WiFi security isn't the issue.

Message 6 of 6