x

No add to cart, only checkout

I am selling digital ticket to an event at our coffee shop- they have the option to choose from a couple different meals and time slots. There is only a checkout option, no add to cart, so if they want to purchase the same time slot but different meals they have to do separate checkouts which is silly. I checked the checkout settings and its set to add to cart. I've tried changing it to a digital, physical and event type and they all do the same thing. There's got to be a way around this without separate transactions??

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Hmm, not sure what you mean. I had one of our Ecom experts take a look and they see an add to cart button. 

Can you provide a screenshot? 

@Danay

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9

I too am having the same problem. Under my "Check out settings" it's set to "add to cart" but on my wordpress site everything says "Buy Now" and won't allow me to add to cart. 

What am I missing? And why is this so difficult to solve? 

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

@danijoymusic - just so i'm understanding, the issue you're experiencing is on your Square Online site or Wordpress site? 

Justin
Message 4 of 9

my wordpress site. I was able to embed Square "Buy Now" buttons to each item in my Wordpress site. Now I'd like to add a "cart" option also. 

Thank you for your reply.

Message 5 of 9
Alumni

@danijoymusic

Ah gotcha. Did our CS Team help you embed the Buy Now buttons onto your website? Usually if Sellers are using 3rd party sites, like WordPress, we refer them to their Support Team for a hand since Square is simply the payment processor on the back end of those sites. 

Justin
Message 6 of 9

So this was never answered? I am also embedding a buy now button to my wordpress site. All looks good and works. You click Buy Now and go to the product page on checkout.square.site. Since I'm selling tickets with variables, the button is Attend. I need people to be able to buy multiple tickets and variations, so I need an add to cart here, not an Attend button with only option to buy 1 or multiple of the same kind of ticket. My checkout settings have add to cart selected, but assuming that is just for square website?

Message 7 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community, @Pierres 👋👋

Square Online Checkout Links only allow a buy now option. The add to cart option is indeed for the Square Online website. I'm not sure if there's any plans to change this in the future, but I do appreciate the feedback. 

Have you considered setting up a Square Online website as your "store" page? I have seen many sellers keep their third party website, and add a navigation link to the Square Online site for checkout out purposes. Just something to consider. 😊

Message 8 of 9

Add a Add to Cart button to your website - that is what we need. That's on thing where PayPal is better than Squareup

Message 9 of 9