x

Online Order Tickets NOT Printing

Orders placed in my online store do not print to any of my kitchen or bar printers.  How do I enable printing?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 103
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey! Thanks so much for posting and I'm sorry to read the frustration regarding your online orders printing! I have merged your two posts together as the one you commented on from 2016 is outdated.

If you currently accept pickup orders on your iPad with the Square app and use a supported kitchen ticket printer, you can automatically print kitchen tickets after every order.

To enable automatic printing for pickup orders:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines on the bottom navigation bar.
  2. Tap Settings > Remote Orders.
  3. Toggle Print New Remote Orders on.
  4. Navigate back to Settings > Printers, and select your connected printer or create a new printer station.
  5. Turn Order Tickets on.
  6. Make sure to enable the item categories you’d like available for pickup.

Let me know if these steps help and if you have any other questions!! 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 103
102 REPLIES 102

Where is this setting?  I don’t see it and none of my orders print tickets to my restaurant.

Message 2 of 103

Best Answer

Hey! Thanks so much for posting and I'm sorry to read the frustration regarding your online orders printing! I have merged your two posts together as the one you commented on from 2016 is outdated.

If you currently accept pickup orders on your iPad with the Square app and use a supported kitchen ticket printer, you can automatically print kitchen tickets after every order.

To enable automatic printing for pickup orders:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines on the bottom navigation bar.
  2. Tap Settings > Remote Orders.
  3. Toggle Print New Remote Orders on.
  4. Navigate back to Settings > Printers, and select your connected printer or create a new printer station.
  5. Turn Order Tickets on.
  6. Make sure to enable the item categories you’d like available for pickup.

Let me know if these steps help and if you have any other questions!! 🙂

AshleyK
Message 3 of 103
Beta Member

Hi @AshleyK ! I have what I think it’s a similar question. Our online orders will print to our ticket printer when the iPad is on and awake. But they do not print automatically if orders are is placed while we are closed and the iPad is asleep. Is there a way to have those orders print automatically once the iPad is woken back up? Or a way to print all new orders at once? Otherwise we have to print each ticket manually which we’d prefer not to do. Thank you! 

Message 4 of 103

Hi there, @KingstonBread 👋 Thanks for reaching out here!

I can step in for Ashley on this one. Other than manually going into your Online Orders and printing out order tickets when you come into the shop each morning, the only workaround available in this case would be to leave the iPad awake to accept orders during closed hours. 

With that being said, I can see how adding a feature that would automatically print new overnight orders when the Square app is awoken would be helpful! I am passing along your feedback to our Product Mangers for the Online Store now.

Joe
Message 5 of 103
Beta Member

@Joe This is a feature we’d like, too. It seems like it’d be fairly simple to do, especially with the Star Printers that have LAN functionality. Some sort of cloud printing that’s hosted by Square.

Message 6 of 103

Thanks for chiming in here, @guesthouse - we've noted your interest, and we appreciate it. Our Product Teams are monitoring these threads, so I will be sure to pass your feedback along. Thanks for your patience! 

Joe
Message 7 of 103

We would like this as well. We've noticed the same thing. Were missing orders that are submitted overnight because of this. Luckily we catch some but this needs to be improved. 

Message 8 of 103
Beta Member

@Joe We're having this problem too - a fix would be greatly appreciated. Any update on this? We'd love to not have to leave the iPad awake all the time. Thanks!

Message 9 of 103

Hi there, @vickyaustin - thanks for checking in! No update on this just yet. We will continue to share the most up-to-date information as we have it.

Thanks for your patience!

Joe
Message 10 of 103

Hi Joe

A few of our customers choose a future date for their order pickup, and the printer does not print upcoming orders.  I checked the ipad settings and Automatic printing is ON for ALL categories, but that is obviously not working.

Message 11 of 103

Hi there, @Greatasinbaker - thanks for reaching out! Can you confirm you are using Square for Restaurants? Also which specific hardware POS are you using?

I will keep an eye out for your response! 

Joe
Message 12 of 103

We would also like to auto print orders as they come in!

Message 13 of 103
Alumni

Hi there @CraigDGerard

Did the steps I posted above help?

Justin
Message 14 of 103

@JustinC yes, I was able to make it work

Message 15 of 103

Hi!  I have the square register.  I figured out how to get my online orders to print a ticket automatically but it is also printing an order ticket every time we check a customer out.  How can I adjust settings so order tickets will only print for online orders placed on the website.

Message 16 of 103

Hi there, @djswan1 - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! This Best Answer from Russell will be helpful for toggling off Order Tickets.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Joe
Message 17 of 103
Super Seller

@Joe 

Read the question again.  The answer you provided is not for the question he asked.  How do you set the printer up to only print online orders.   We dont need order tickets for every walk in customer.  We need only need them for online orders

Message 18 of 103
Beta Member

@MichiganFarmsta 

The answer is correct there!

In settings on the tablet you can choose what your printer prints. We have printer set up just for online orders, and another just for in-person tickets. 

Message 19 of 103
Super Seller

I am using square register. I have the option on the printer to turn on order tickets.  In order to print online orders this option (print order tickets) must be enabled.

If I enable this option (which is required to print online orders) I get an order ticket for every customer (online and walk-in). I don't see an option to turn off order tickets in person orders.

Message 20 of 103

Exactly what MichiganFarmsta said. I have the register not the iPad. Apparently that makes a difference. 

Message 21 of 103