x

Cutoff time and more customizable hours for online orders?

Cutoff time and more customizable hours for online orders?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: I want to customize my hours so that we have a cutoff for placing orders and a delay for pickup

As the title suggests, we need custom hours like this:

Saturday through Monday accepting orders for pickup Wednesday 12:00 to 6:00 (Tuesday all day is for preparation and Wednesday morning is for baking, slicing, and packaging)

Tuesday through Thursday accepting orders for Saturday 12:00 to 6:00

This is for a sourdough bakery so the preparation, cooking, and packaging takes a day and half

Thanks so much for your help!

Doug Tomison

RealTimeBreads.square.site

50 Comments

How can I prevent customers from placing orders after business hours? When they place an order, after hours, I don't know when they're coming in to pickup their order. I would like to restrict them from ordering, when we are not open.

Thanks

Alumni

Hey @ewolygerg - adjust your pick up hours from the Online Dashboard under Settings > Pickup & Delivery > Edit location > Hours. This will prevent customers from ordreing after hours. 

Learn more from our Pickup Guides

@Valentina,

Our bakery is currently offering Square online store ordering only, with sidewalk pickup from Noon - 3 PM Wednesday through Saturday. We are closed to the public from Sunday through Tuesday, but we begin production on Tuesday.

We have set a standard daily inventory quantity (or par) in our Square Dashboard for each item available for the next available pickup date. Scheduled pickup is turned off.

We have a standard order prep time of 2 business days. With the current Square Online Store settings,

1. On Saturday, after we close, we have to manually change the order prep time from “2 business days” to “Available Immediately (No prep time)” so that customers can place orders for pickup the next Wednesday.
  2. On Monday, we have to manually change the order prep time from “2 business days” to "1 business days" so that customers can place orders for pickup on Wednesday.
  3. On Tuesday, we have to set the prep time back to “2 business days” so that customers can place orders for pickup on Thursday.

This method works, but is cumbersome and would benefit greatly from automation.

I am not sure that a new “order cutoff time” setting would help in this situation. For us, “Order prep time” should not be based on online store “Pickup & delivery” hours, but on our actual production schedule, which is different from our “Business Hours”.

@Justin I've edited our hours, but customers can still order when I'm not open. For example we close at 4p and open at 8a currently. I want to assure customers can not open from 4p-8a... I want them to only place orders during our hours of operation. 

Thanks!

Square Community Moderator

@zder and @ewolygerg thanks for taking the time to post this. This has lately been a very popular feature request as a lot of sellers are running into trouble not only with the way that pickup times are spaced out, but in how pickup pacing also arranges orders. 

@pessosices I know you brought up a similar issue in a previous thread as well, but it seems that @zder may have a temporary, yet manual solution for some of the pickup hour issues. 

I will continue to push all of this feedback over to the Development Team as well. Thank you everyone for your feedback!!

I have the same issue. I deliver Fri-Sun with only morning hours. I want the customer to orders limited to the day before and not the day of.

We're in the same boat here!  Small farm offering a couple pickup days per week, therefore needing a cutoff time for customers placing orders to give us time to harvest (order by Sun night for pickup Tues, etc).   Would love a fix or workaround for this.  Also, we'd like to specify a pickup window (like Tues 2-5, rather than "After 2") - Thank you!

Square Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your voice in support of customized hours and cutoff times for placing orders through the Online Store.

Our Product Teams are keeping tabs here on the specifics of what our Sellers are asking for in regards to editable features for the Online Store. If any new changes in regards to this feature come down the pipeline, we will update everyone here on the news as soon as possible.

Thanks, again! 

We offer a different pre-set menu every evening, weds-sat. We have four pick-up times, and can do 10 max orders per time (so we need an inventory count on pick-up times). We start taking orders on Sundays. 

Here's the problem:

When someone orders, for example, Friday's meal for 6:30pm pick-up time, the checkout screen tells them their order will be ready for pick-up Wednesday at 5:00pm.  At best, I can adjust the 'preparation time required' every day to get it to say 'Friday at 5:00 pm' - but this makes it seem like their order will be ready at 5 pm and sitting around all night till they pick it up at 6:30? Or just all-around confusing.  So, first question: CAN YOU MAKE IT NOT SAY THE PICK-UP TIME AT ALL?? Their item variation will say '6:30pm pick up' on their receipt, so it's not neccessary.. I've got my fingers crossed for this simple solution.

I thought I found a solution- make each night's dinner an EVENT instead of an item, with variations of different 'pick-up times'. Still confusing that you say 'Attend' instead of 'Add to cart' - but solves the confusing pick-up time notes, right? Whoops - but then they can't add things like wine and additional menu offerings to the same transaction because they have different modes of delivery. 

PLEASE HELP! We just went live with it and we are losing add-on sales because people won't go back to do a separate transaction. We also didn't realize the 'tip' part would go away with this selection type... we're scrambling. 

IS THERE ANOTHER WAY TO GO ABOUT THIS WHOLE THING?

Wanted to add - I know we can opt to allow guests to choose their pick-up time, but I think that's even more confusing! Cause they already did. And we don't want to invite them to choose a different pick-up time, or discourage them from ordering multiple evening's family meals at different pick-up times... etc.