x
Beta Member

Looking for a work around on "Future Delivery Scheduling"

Many of our Items are ordered in advance for future pick ups or delivery.  Although you can choose a "Future Pick Up date" at check out, you cannot schedule ANY future deliveries.  Unfortunately all deliveries are "auto scheduled" by the square system which causes our company headaches and customer confusion.  We should be able to manage our own delivery schedule.  Not keep to one dictated by square.  Does any one have a work around or do you think this will be an option in the near future?  

Currently we have customers entering in orders for the Future as Pick ups with a **NOTE - This order is to be delivered but that of course comes with its own set of issues. 

Message 1 of 71
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello everyone! 👋

Wanted to update you all and let you know that scheduled deliveries are now an option on the Checkout page for Square's Online Store! 👏

sos-pickup-prep-time.png

sos-delivery-estimate.png

sos-delivery-checkout-page.png

We've updated the Support Center article for Local Delivery as well here for reference.

Right now the option will be on the actual Checkout page but will soon also be available in the cart itself. 

Thank you all so much for your patience and feedback to help get this implemented. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 27 of 71
70 REPLIES 70
Admin

Hello and welcome @coneywaffle

You've probably got the best workaround at this point. But I can definitely keep flagging this feedback to our Product Team! It looks like it's actively being worked on, although I don't have an exact ETA of when it'll be released. We'll make sure to update the Community when we hear more.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 71

Is there an update on this, it is very complicated for customers to order a delivery then call us to tell us they want it on a future date  

Thanks

Message 3 of 71

Hi there, @FudgeLady - thanks for reaching out! No shareable update on this feature, just yet. When we have some solidified updates, we will bounce back here and notify everyone collectively.

Thanks for your patience!

Joe
Message 4 of 71

Looking to add the ability for customers to schedule future delivery dates rather than the default next availAble delivery date. I see that this function has been in high demand recently, any updated eta on its arrival? 

Message 5 of 71
Alumni

As Nika mentioned above, a scheduled delivery feature is in the works but no shareable updates on the availability for this feature. 

Merging you to a relevant thread for tracking so you can be in-the-know when an update is available. 

Hang tight! 

Justin
Message 6 of 71

Can customers select future delivery dates? I know they can schedule future pick ups already, but we REALLY need a future delivery option. I don't know why this isn't already an available option?

Message 7 of 71
Beta Member

The Square Online Store currently allows customers to schedule pickup orders for later, but there's currently no option to select a future date for deliveries. Are there any plans to add this feature in the near future?

Message 8 of 71
Beta Member

In my online store, when someone selects "delivery" the store gives them the first available day/time (Friday). How does a customer change the delivery to a different day? They are able to do this with pickup, but not with delivery. 

Message 9 of 71
Alumni

I've moved your post over to this thread - it looks like @coneywaffle has a workaround that they are currently implementing. As mentioned by @nika, a feature that would help support schedule deliveries is underway, but we don't have anything new to share just yet.

Now that your post is here, you'll receive a notification when we post an update.

Thanks for the patience!

Valentina
Message 10 of 71
Beta Member

Thanks for suggesting that workaround, however if you, like us, are either charging a delivery fee or trying to use the new Square courier system, having customers choose "pickup" and then making a note is not an option. 

Message 11 of 71

Thanks for adding your voice here, @AngelCakes - I can likewise step in for Nika, here. Just wanted to let you know that I am tagging and flagging your feedback over to our Product Teams to get visibility on your feedback. Should we gain some traction on new features, we will be able to reach back out here and let you know. 

Joe
Message 12 of 71
Beta Member

I have not seen any new features added or progress on the ability to manage deliveries however I do see a new charge will begin 7/1 for any orders that are placed as a delivery.  Are any new features added that equate to a fifty cent charge per transaction?   Is there an update on the ability to manage delivery? 

Message 13 of 71

Hi there, @coneywaffle - thanks for adding your voice to the mix here. No shareable update to provide from our side at this time. As soon as we have more information about changes to this feature from our Product Teams, we will reach back out and update everyone here on this thread.

Thank you for your patience!

Joe
Message 14 of 71

i need this too

Message 15 of 71

Is there a feature in the works to allow customers to select their delivery date or window rather than letting the system default to the current available ship date? We have many people placing orders in the store who would prefer another date and it would be nice to have them select their own order ahead day. 

Message 16 of 71

When i do the deliveries option, it gives an automatic day and time, i want to have an option for my customers to choose when and what time.

Message 17 of 71
Alumni

You can enable Scheduled deliveries from the Pickup & Delivery settings. This article should help. 

Let me know how it goes! 

@mjpetbakery

Justin
Message 18 of 71
Super Seller

Just wanted to put another note in that this is a necessary feature! I didn't think it would be much of a problem since we don't do that many deliveries (other than large orders that are ordered directly through us). We figured most people would be wanting day-of deliveries, which is why we started doing the Postmates delivery through Square. However, we had someone order a cake for delivery. They want it next Tuesday and that item has a four-day lead time, so it defaulted to Saturday. Customer left a note. I ended up refunding it and then having her order tomorrow, but that's more work on our end and on the customer end. 

Thank you!

Ali Kenis

Sugar Lab Bakeshop

Follow me on Instagram

Celebrating Since 2012
Message 19 of 71

Hey there, @sugarlab 👋 Thanks for adding your voice here in support of this feature request - very much appreciated. We likewise send kudos for including the workaround you landed on! - it goes a long way in assisting those who are running a similar setup and business.

While we don't have an accurate timeline to share for changes to future delivery schedule, we will continue to push out relevant information regarding updates here on this thread as we have them. Thanks for your patience! 

Joe
Message 20 of 71

@Joe Just wanted to add our input for better pre-ordering/ advance ordering/ delivery scheduling. 

We have found a similar, but inefficient work around, by labeling the items with the available date, but the automatic scheduling from square at checkout is confusing our customers. 

the general cafe pre-ordering for immediate pick-up is working great!

We're really having challenges with what we're identifying as "catering". We're hoping that an update will include a place that we can note the date specific items are available for delivery or pick-up, and customers can select their preference, after confirming they are in our radius. 

Hope this makes sense. Looking forward to hearing more on this thread. 

Message 21 of 71