x
Beta Member

Square Restaurant - Menu not defaulting to last used/holding

Recently my second and third menus have begun to not hold.  My employees have to switch the menu every time they log in to ring up a sale.  And often, it's so busy they just give up... and of course then I'm losing money. 

Example: 

I have three menus - "main", "band", "event"

"Main" is in use 90% of the time.  On nights with a band, we have everyone log in and switch the menu to "band".  Once they're logged out... and then log in again, the menu has reverted back to "main".  Every time.  It will not hold.  

Anyone have a great idea??  

edited to add:  The POS is set to log out after each transaction, so employees don't end up using the register as someone else.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

@lovemychaos Thanks for reaching out and I'm really sorry to hear the frustration regarding your menu screens. This sounds like a bug, so I would encourage you to check for app updates, delete/reinstall the app, and updating and restarting your iPad. If you are still experiencing trouble then please contact our Restaurant Support Team to have them file a ticket with engineering.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Thanks Ashley.  I actually did all of those things before I posted.  So I'll reach out to see what we can figure out.  

Message 3 of 3