x

Feature Request: Square for Restaurants Plus support on the Square Register

Beta Member

Feature Request: Square for Restaurants Plus support on the Square Register

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Register work with Square for Restaurants?

We are a dine in restaurant. We just implemented Square with  Register and two iPads in April. We see the announcement of Square for Restaurants.  Is it compatible with the Register?

38 Comments
Alumni

Got it 

It looks like @Donnie-M was able to help out a bit with #2?

Our team really appreciated your feedback about the Self Serve order experience!

Thanks for getting back to me about what hardware you are using, @ATKM.

For #7 - are you referring to Square Restaurants on the Square Stand? While seating options aren't exactly supported at this time (that would be a feature request), you do have the option to build a floor plan! Let me know if this isn't what you were referring to!

It is not possible to disable the number keypad.
However, you can have Items and Favorite pages instead, and the keypad won’t show in that case 🎉

Beta Member

Good morning @Valentina !

Yep! Donnie was able to help me out with #2. I had looked into using that last year but Square seemed to warn against adding taxes to our system that are not in fact taxes. I guess enough people are doing it now that it doesn't matter.

#7 - Y'all do have Seating Options on the Square Stand just not yet on the Square Register. In fact we had a situation yesterday and removed our Square Register from our Burger Restaurant and replaced it with a Square Stand. We'll just keep the Register in storage until the Square Register update comes out.

Also are you sure you can have floor plans for the Square Register? Not sure why y'all would have floor plans and not seating options.

Woah! That sounds like something we would be interested in! Do you have a article/instructions you can send me on how we can replace our Numpad?

Thanks a million!

Alumni

When you have a second, @ATKM, I sent you a private message!

I can confirm that floor plans are on the Square Register.
Seating is available on iOS with Restaurants Plus - the feature is not yet available on Square Register.

Let's look at making a Favorites page! On your Square Register, there should be a “+” button on the left panel to add new pages. You have to be in edit mode to add a new page. You would tap on Customize favorites:

Beta Member

Thanks for the reply @Valentina ! I am having trouble with the favorites page. How do I enter Edit Mode? I am a little worried we are talking about different devices. I do not think my Square Register has pages. The only way I know to update my register is on my dashboard under Menus

Alumni

Yep - this screenshot is from the Square Register @ATKM!

I believe you should find this in the Library section of your Register.
Can you check there? In the meantime, I'll ask our team for more details.

You can also give us a call if you'd like someone to walk you through here!

Welp, I spent a lot on two Registers for my full service restaurant foolishly expecting to use Square for Restaurants Plus on them. What exactly is the benefit to the register if it can't use all those features?

We bought Square Register because we felt it was an all-inclusive option for our needs at our new retail/brewery/restaurant space. Unfortunately, we were very disappointed to learn (a few days into service) that Square Register doesn't support any of the Square for Restaurants Plus features (primarily, seating assignments). Is there any near-term plans for this? Had we known this ahead of we time we likely wouldn't have invested in the register product, so it's a bit frustrating right now. I just assumed Square's proprietary product would have been fairly up-to-date on Square's features.

Square Community Moderator

Hi @SGBBeez - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community.Sorry to hear of your disappointment with Square for Restaurants and the Register.

I've merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed this as well. At the moment, we do not have an ETA on when Restaurants Plus will be available on the Register but I do know this is something that our Product Team hopes to make available in the future. They are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this.

To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. Be sure to keep an eye out for any updates, here, in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input.

In the meantime, you can review which Square for Restaurants are available on the Square Register here on our Support Center. You can also view information on our hardware return policy here.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let us know if you have any additional questions.