x

Feature Request: Square for Restaurants Plus support on the Square Register

Beta Member

Feature Request: Square for Restaurants Plus support on the Square Register

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Register work with Square for Restaurants?

We are a dine in restaurant. We just implemented Square with  Register and two iPads in April. We see the announcement of Square for Restaurants.  Is it compatible with the Register?

38 Comments
Beta Member

Hello, Looks like this has been requested 2 years ago.  Does square have any plans to open up Square register to Square for restaurants?   At this point, we have to send our Square Register hardware back and get non-Square hardware to run Square for restaurants which doesn't make any sense.   

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @EUPHORIA - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Welcome! We are happy to have you.

Square for Restaurants availability on the Square Register is still considered a feature request, although, I can confirm that our Engineers are working on a full integration. As of now, the Restaurants software will only be available on iPad. 

I've gone ahead and merged your post into our existing thread about Restaurants availability. This will make it easier for us to update everyone when availability is announced.

Thanks again for your patience!

I m having the same issue. I am signed up for restaurants plus but when I go into the square app on my iPad, it won't show the table layout like it used to at a previous restaurant. 

Hi there, @UncleJohns - thanks for reaching out! You should be able to view your table layout from the Restaurants App specifically, in lieu of the regular Point of Sale app. 

Let us know if that gets you where you need to be!

Admin

A quick update to this thread: Square for Restaurants Free is now available on both iPad and Square Register. Keep in mind that Square for Restaurants Plus features are only available on iPads at this time.

For more details about Square for Restaurants visit our Support Center.

Beta Member

Please let us know the time lines regarding when the square register would be available 

thank you! 

Hi @sbrockz,

It already is! I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over it.

Check out the Best Answer above. In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first for your quickest answer instead of starting a new thread. Thanks!

Beta Member

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Missed a feature update?

Hey all,

I just found out this morning that we can hide modifiers from our online store.
This is a huge help for us. I am not sure if I missed the update or just missed the feature on our initial setup.

This makes me wonder if I have missed any other updates or features so I would like to list problems we have with Square to see if they have already been addressed. I will try to list them in order of importance.

1.  Prevent the KDS from clearing all screens when all items have been cleared. (We need tickets to stay on our Expo screen for plating even when the Grill and Fry stations clear their items)
  2. Ability to add a Surcharge to tickets (Automatic surcharges for delivery and pickup items)
  3. Ability to 86 Online Store items from the Square Register
  4. Self-Serve orders not showing up as “Delivery” or as an Online Store order on the KDS
  5. Allow modifiers to subtract a price. (Maybe not have conditional modifiers control this, because not all “No Cheese” would subtract the cost of cheese.)
  6. Customizable Conditional Modifiers
  7. Seating options on the Square Register (The Square Stand already has this feature)
  8. Ability to recall a ticket on the KDS
  9. Requiring a Full Access account to manage the Online Store. (Our managers need online store access to be able to 86 items.)
  10. Different Login Options (Login pin codes for managers or manager swipe cards)
  11. Disable the numpad on the Square Register (that’s some fine real estate and we do not use the numpad)
  12. Reporting app. (Just a simple phone app that lets us run reports and view live sales at multiple locations from one app.)
  13. No CC Authorizations (important for bar tabs)
  14. Scrolling option instead of flipping pages when looking through modifiers.

The first 8 are real problems and after that they are just feature requests.

Have any of these already been address and I just missed them? Do y’all have any of these in progress? I was told that y’all had a Square Register update coming out this summer. Do y’all have a sneak peek of what is coming out in that update?

Thanks,

Ryan

Beta Member

@ATKM Yes to #3 that was recently updated. 

I need #7 so bad. I hope the Restaurants Plus update for Register is coming soon. 

I do #12 from the Square POS app on my phone. 

Hope we see some more updates soon! 

Beta Member

@Helen Thats what I was looking for, we have a square for restaurants plus

Thank you