x

customize online weekend delivery orders

I'd like to offer delivery of a few certain items on days the physical shop is not open to customers. And I'd like to require orders be made with 24 hours notice. Is this even possible?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@addys you can, but you would need to manually adjust that each weekday. There isn't a way to set a default prep time for the days of the week yet. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @addys. You can set your pickup/delivery time to allow for 1 business day's prep time by editing your prep time on the Online Store Dashboard.

As far as setting item specific delivery settings, that is currently a feature request that we are actively working on. Keep your eyes peeled in the Seller Community for any updates!

AshleyK
Message 2 of 6

I see! Can I set the prep time for Saturdays to be 1 business day, while keeping it at 15 minutes for weekdays?

Message 3 of 6

Best Answer

@addys you can, but you would need to manually adjust that each weekday. There isn't a way to set a default prep time for the days of the week yet. 

AshleyK
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

@AshleyK We only allow deliveries on Fridays - between 5-7pm.  This is working great except one issue.  When people order during this week, it's setting them up for delivery next Friday instead of this Friday.  For the life of me, I can't figure out what is causing this and how to fix it.

Here is a specific example.  A customer placed an order today wanting delivery this Friday, (Friday the 24th of July).  Today is Tuesday - July 21st.     But it automatically sets the delivery date to Friday, July 31st and there is no way for the person to change that at checkout that we can see.  There is also nothing in the settings indicating that orders placed this week won't be delivered until the following week.  We want any order placed before this Friday to be set up to be delivered this Friday.

I went into my computer and placed an order for delivery to test it and I get the same results - it automatically sets July 31st as the delivery day and there isn't any way for me to change it.  We have already had a couple of customers tell me they cancelled their order because of this.  I'm sure it's a setting somewhere that I'm just not seeing.

Can you help?

Message 5 of 6

@HappyValleyFarm make sure you don't have the orders set for pickup on "next business day" as that will skip the upcoming business day, which it sounds like you want. I would recommend making the pickup prep time within 2 hours, the time your pickup times are ready, so that the orders aren't pushed to the following week. 

AshleyK
Message 6 of 6