x
Beta Member

square register crashes only when connected to square for restaurants

I purchased my Square Register new the first week it came out. It has been flawless. I just recently joined Square for Restaurants. here is the issue when i sign in with a device code it will work for a while but crash after a couple of sales or if i go into reports.

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

This has been fully resolved!

Please reach out directly if you are still experiencing your Square Register crashing when running Square for Restaurants.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 15 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Beta Member

I have a similar issue.  The app crashes on both of our registers at least once a day. 

I tried doing a factory reset on both devices and made sure all the latest updates were installed. 

Still no joy. 

Did you ever resolve your issue @TheNest ?

Message 2 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi @EUPHORA - thanks for jumping in here on the Seller Community. Goodness, so sorry to hear about this continued trouble with your Registers. Sounds very frustrating, indeed.

If you haven't done so already, we would recommend flagging these issues over to our Support Team directly as soon as you can. They can take a deeper dive with you into trouble shooting to insure this issues doesn't persist further.

Joe
Message 3 of 15
Beta Member

Thanks, @Joe  I will. 

Message 4 of 15
Beta Member

@Joe reported this 3 weeks ago, but no resolution.  Square Support says it's not a priority to fix since there are not enough sellers who have this problem? 

Message 5 of 15

I also have this issue.  I have been in touch with Square more times than I can count to try and solve this very issue - with no resolution and no promised call or email back.  I was on the phone with them today and was promised an update by end of day.  We shall see.

Bruce
Message 6 of 15

Keep us updated, @lgmbts - we want to make sure this gets solved for you!

Joe
Message 7 of 15

My understanding from my last email from Ta'Shanda (support rep) is that there is an update coming out with bug fixes that are supposed to solve this issue.  As always... we shall see.

Bruce
Message 8 of 15
Beta Member

@Joe @lgmbts ive been trying to get this issue resolved since October 2020 about 5 months ago. Was promised a fix with the January update but no luck.

Message 9 of 15

Hi @EUPHORIA - have you followed up with our Support Team with the ticket you opened?

Joe
Message 10 of 15
Beta Member

@Joe @Yes I have but still no resolution.

Message 11 of 15

@EUPHORIA - what status were you given on your ticket when you contacted Support? Was your ticket described as a Feature Request to you when first filing?

Joe
Message 12 of 15
Beta Member

@Joe  the issue has been partially resolved now after 6 months. That is we don't have any screen freezes anymore after the latest update.  We do still have restaurant app crashes on our register 1-3 a day.

Message 13 of 15
Alumni

Thanks for bearing with us here, folks - @TheNest @EUPHORIA @lgmbts 

I bubbled this thread up to our Square for Restaurants team, who have identified what is likely a common cause of the ticket locking crash. The fix for this will be introduced in an upcoming release! In the meantime, to reduce the impact and frequency of these crashes, we recommend training your employees to not sign out while they are on a check.

Valentina
Message 14 of 15
Alumni

Best Answer

This has been fully resolved!

Please reach out directly if you are still experiencing your Square Register crashing when running Square for Restaurants.

Valentina
Message 15 of 15