x

Where can I see printing options for remote orders?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Cannot see or print remote orders]

I am using two IOS devices with an online store.  I make coffee and want the remote orders to appear on the IOS screen and to be printed.  I have followed other posts and in some cannot find the options described.  If someone could give me a setup guide for the remote print and pickup order I would be very appreciative.

Message 1 of 25
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @shrekthemp - glad to respond to another one of your posts. Keep them coming! 

As far as auto printing remote orders, you'll need to enable this within the settings of your POS app:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines on the bottom navigation bar.
  2. Tap Settings > Remote Orders.
  3. Toggle Print New Remote Orders on.
  4. Navigate back to Settings > Printers, and select your connected printer or create a new printer station.
  5. Turn Order Tickets on.
  6. Make sure to enable the item categories you’d like available for pickup.

Switching lanes to in-app order notifications, check out the settings from the Orders tab to ensure this is enabled. 

I hope this helps!

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 25
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @rlevine!

@JustinC and I are happy to hear that! 

You can adjust it so your remote orders automatically print tickets:

4. Navigate back to Settings > Printers, and select your connected printer or create a new printer station.

But then have different printer settings for your in-store orders:

1. Tap Settings >Printers.
  2. Then once you've added the printer, adjust the print from this device settings. 

Additionally, I believe @barkshopbakery was having a similar issue in this thread if you want to check it out. Let me know if this works for you. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @shrekthemp - glad to respond to another one of your posts. Keep them coming! 

As far as auto printing remote orders, you'll need to enable this within the settings of your POS app:

Switching lanes to in-app order notifications, check out the settings from the Orders tab to ensure this is enabled. 

I hope this helps!

Justin
Message 2 of 25

I do not see 'remote orders' under settings on my device.

Message 3 of 25
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @leahscottkirby - sorry for the delay here! Is your Online Store activated and accepting orders? What kind of device are you using to manage your Online Orders?

This might be something we would recommend flagging over to our Support Team to take a look at. They can take a deeper dive with you!

Joe
Message 4 of 25

I'm trying to figure out how to send phone orders to the kitchen without taking payment over the phone.  Some people want to pay cash or are uncomfortable given out CC info over the phone.  I have the square POS on an IPAD not mobile device.  

Message 5 of 25
Alumni

@PlantsAnimals

The best solution for you is to set up an Online Store so your customers can place remote orders on their end. Once your website is configured, you can manage your orders straight from the POS app on your iPad and send them to a kitchen printer. 

I provided a walk through to set up remote ordering on this thread a minute ago. Check out my post above 🙂

Justin
Message 6 of 25
Beta Member

Is there a way to automatically print a receipt for all online pickup orders...without having it also print all receipts for in-store purchases?

Context: I operate a coffee shop and have one USB printer at the point of sale. I have receipt printing OFF by default, but would like to roll out online pickup ordering and have those specific orders print automatically. Is this possible?

Message 7 of 25

+1 on this question - we'd like online orders to print in the store so we can pick and prep the orders for pickup.

Message 8 of 25
Alumni

Hey @willcountybrewwillcountybrew - Glad to see you posting in the Community. 

Square definitely supports automatically printing online orders to your printer. You don't have to turn on receipt printing to enable this function.This thread I moved you to should help 🙂 

Justin
Message 9 of 25
Beta Member

Hey @JustinC 

Thanks for pointing me to this thread.

I just tried to turn this on. I activated it, but when I place an online pickup order, it still is not printing. It does pop up an alert on the ipad, but nothing prints. Any advice?

Thanks.

Message 10 of 25
Beta Member

Followup: I got it working. (I didn't select specific categories to print.) However - I'd like it to only print order tickets for online orders (ideally online pickup orders). It's printing order tickets now, but it's printing them for ALL orders, including in-store orders. I'd like to disable ticket printing for in-person orders, if possible. (I don't need order tickets for in-person sales. So I'd like to avoid wasting the receipt paper on every one of those orders.)

-Thanks.

Message 11 of 25
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @rlevine!

@JustinC and I are happy to hear that! 

You can adjust it so your remote orders automatically print tickets:

But then have different printer settings for your in-store orders:

1. Tap Settings >Printers.
  2. Then once you've added the printer, adjust the print from this device settings. 

Additionally, I believe @barkshopbakery was having a similar issue in this thread if you want to check it out. Let me know if this works for you. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 12 of 25
Beta Member

Hi @isabelle 

I do not see the option you are referring to. We are using Square for Retail and need this

option to work, so online/self-serve orders are printed!

Thanks

D

Message 13 of 25
Admin

Please give us a call @Dirky so we can look into this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 14 of 25

I also need this feature but it doesn't work. Customers can order online but we have no idea that they've placed an order. It's a huge problem for us.

Message 15 of 25

Hi there, @AP2020 - so sorry to hear about the trouble with your order printing. Were you able to follow the troubleshooting steps listed by Isabelle above? 

If you've tried those steps and are still experiencing issues, we would recommend reaching out to our Support Team whenever you can. They can take a deeper dive with you into troubleshooting to see where the issue lays. 

Joe
Message 16 of 25

No none of that worked. However we did figure out a solution though. Online order alerts and printed receipts do no work with square for retail. They do work on square POS. I've set up a separate iPad with it's own printer station to receive online orders. They print there and we monitor it alongside our main Square Retail POS. It's not perfect but it solves my problem. I was messaging with square help desk yesterday for an hour.

Message 17 of 25

Got it - thanks for bouncing back and letting us know what worked for you, @frillos. Was not aware you were operating with Square for Retail - this definitely makes sense.

Don't hesitate to reach out if anything else comes up! We are here to help. 

Joe
Message 18 of 25

We are opening our coffee shop using square for retail. The POS is working great but we have Weebly enabled for online orders. Those orders don't show up on the iPad, the only way to know that an order was placed is to constantly watch the orders tab. We will miss orders and have customers show up to pick something up and it's not ready. We need a ticket to print out as soon as an order comes in but there is no way to make this happen. Is there another online ordering platform we could use or some kind of work around. This is a HUGE issue for us.

Message 19 of 25

Hi there, @AP2020 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Good to hear from you! So sorry to hear of your trouble with your shop Online Orders printing in the shop. We will do what we can to make sure this gets solved for you.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding printing Online Orders. Take a look at this Best Answer from Isabelle! She lays out the specific steps needed to insure orders are toggled on for printing.

If you have any further questions about the process, feel free to shoot me a reply! 

Joe
Message 20 of 25

We have this same issue sometimes. A workaround I found is downloading the weebly app on the iPad and set up push notifications so that every time an order comes in, there's a notification even if the Square app is not open. It's not perfect, but it does help!

Message 21 of 25