x

Cover number docket grouping - restaurants - feature request

We have a 200 cover restaurant, we recently went with Square as our POS, however there is one feature that does hold us back - the ability to allocate cover numbers to each item ordered while grouping these items.

For example: if a table orders x3 chicken dishes and x1 pork dish, the docket will print like this -

x3 chicken

x1 pork

However the table orders x3 chicken and x1 pork, and each item is assigned a cover number, the docket will print each item on a seperate line:

x1 chicken

Seat 1

x1 chicken

Seat 2

x1 chicken

Seat 3

x1 Pork

Seat 4

This creates very long dockets making it hard for chefs to read during busy services.

The ideal would be that dockets with cover numbers print as follows:

x3 Chicken

seat 1,2,3

x1 Pork

seat 4

That way chefs can quickly read quantities, and waiters can quickly see cover numbers.

Appreciate your feedback.
Allan

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @allanmac, thanks for reaching out and providing us with this feedback, appreciate how you've visually outlined the issue here!

It sounds like it would save a lot of space to be able to display seats that are ordering the same dish at a table under that dish rather than on seperate lines.

I've passed it through to our Restaurants product team as feedback, I'll let you know if I hear any news about this changing and we'll track this request here moving forward.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Admin

@allanmac The product manager for Restaurants just happened to see my inquiry and has let me know that there is a way to do this, but it requires a change in how the items are entered into the POS - in this example you could click "Chicken", then up the quantity to three and add three seats.

So if you've got a group order, maybe if someone orders the chicken, your staff can ask "Anyone else having the chicken?" and then add the multiple quantities, rather than add the chicken a second time when someone else orders it. Hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

With this said, it's not automated - so we'll keep tracking feedback for an automated version of this feature here! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 4

Hi Seamus. 

Thanks for that, its really helped and we have managed to roll this out across our two venues. It will take a bit of work to get staff to change their method of putting in orders, but will definitely help with the issues. 
In future I do hope there is a way it can be updated so that the number of steps can be reduced, but for now this is a good way forward. Progress!

Thanks again
Allan

Message 4 of 4