x
Beta Member

Employee Discount on Specific Items

I'm having some trouble setting up an employee discount. Our staff are entitled to 20% off their bill, excluding one particular item category ('Bakes' - ie cakes, brownies etc.)

I understand that there's currently no way to apply a discount to an entire bill but exclude one item category, but I can't seem to find another way to do it.

Ideally, I would be able to apply the percentage discount to valid items on the bill manually, but this doesn't seem to be possible in restaurants (unless I've missed it), I've only read about it on the Square POS app.

Is there another way to achieve what I'm trying to do? TIA.

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Could you set up a coupon code to give to staff to get them their discount on certain items? This is the way Iโ€™d think to do it. 

if this helps mark itโ€™s as best answer to help others in future!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

Could you set up a coupon code to give to staff to get them their discount on certain items? This is the way Iโ€™d think to do it. 

if this helps mark itโ€™s as best answer to help others in future!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Thanks for taking the time to respond Matt.

I've actually just managed to solve my own problem and it was entirely down to me not looking hard enough. The discount toggle on the edit item screen (on Restaurants POS) was hidden below the fold because of the notes box and eat-in/to-go options. I scrolled down by accident and found my discount toggle hiding there!

Message 3 of 3