x
Super Seller

Feature Request - Place down varitations of items

I know you can automatic add items to group but I think a really good idea would be able to place down buttons for individul varations of items. 

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @pigsnoseinn, thank you for your post! I'd love to surface your suggestion to our Product team. If possible, would you mind giving me a bit more information about this particular requests (your ideal setup, workflow, etc.)? That way, the team will have a better understanding of what the issue is and how they can potentially implement this. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

Well on the front page i have a buttons for beers which then goes into a sub menu which has the option for half pint or pint. I would be good if you could have a button the home page for the product and the variation to automatically gets added to the bill. I know you can automatically add stuff to the bill that works through out the whole system, however you need to edit the option to change it.
It would just make the work flow a bit quicker if you could push a button once that adds the item a specific variation on the bill that is unique to that button

Message 3 of 4
Admin

From what I understand, you want a variation (not a modifier) to be selected automatically for an item, is that correct @pigsnoseinn?

If you are using the Square for Restaurant system, there is something you can enabled so that when an item is selected, it'll be added with a default variation. You can set this up by editing the item either from the Items Library or from the Menus page. This might help somewhat with what you are looking for?

ink - 2020-11-23T160821.552.png

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4