x
Beta Member

How everyone take customer order over the phone for pick up and delivery?

Pick up and delivery service became so important during lockdown

How everyone take customer order over the phone for pick up and delivery?

I now ask customer detail, contact number and address and put on the "Name and Notes" ,

But i find it taking a bit long since square POS doesn't support postcode search and auto search.

anyone do it different way or maybe more efficient way?

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @AKA, thanks for sharing this!

If you are using an iPad to process orders, we've recently introduced a new feature to make taking pickup orders over the phone a bit easier. From your Point of Sale app, head to Settings > Orders > Order creation > Enable order creation in checkout. This will allowed you to create a pickup order and have it populate the same was as an order received from the Square Online site.

IMG_0034.PNG

At the moment, this isn't available with delivery just yet. For these types of orders, you can add a customer to the sale. That way, you can record their delivery information in their profile and be able to pull up the order within your transaction by searching the customer's name. Alternatively, you can add the delivery information as a note by tapping the item; notes and item descriptions are searchable within the Point of Sale app as well. 

IMG_0033.PNG

I hope this will help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @AKA, thanks for sharing this!

If you are using an iPad to process orders, we've recently introduced a new feature to make taking pickup orders over the phone a bit easier. From your Point of Sale app, head to Settings > Orders > Order creation > Enable order creation in checkout. This will allowed you to create a pickup order and have it populate the same was as an order received from the Square Online site.

IMG_0034.PNG

At the moment, this isn't available with delivery just yet. For these types of orders, you can add a customer to the sale. That way, you can record their delivery information in their profile and be able to pull up the order within your transaction by searching the customer's name. Alternatively, you can add the delivery information as a note by tapping the item; notes and item descriptions are searchable within the Point of Sale app as well. 

IMG_0033.PNG

I hope this will help!

Tra
Message 2 of 4

I don’t seem to be able to do this in my Square for Restaurants POS. Is it an available function in the UK?

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hi @TCV2, thanks for your post! Currently, the feature to schedule pickup orders over the phone is only available with the standard Square Point of Sale app and not on the Square for Restaurant app. However, you should be able save the order as an open ticket, enter the customer name as the name of the ticket and add their details in the notes.

Once that's done, you can process the order by manually entering the card details or the customers can pay for it in person when they come to pick up the order. 

Tra
Message 4 of 4