x

Occaison Specials

I'm trying to setup SquareOnline so we can sell a 'mother's day treat box' and offer both delivery and collection for a specific date.

While this sounds simple, i've had to do quite a few 'workarounds' to get it to function outside the time/date perimeters of the normal takeout offering.

I've setup a different location, calling it "mother's day special" and restricted it's opening time to Saturdays - although we only want to offer it on one single Saturday, I've gone ahead and tried to exclude future Saturdays (this doesn't work perfectly as it'll offer the option of future Saturdays anyway)

The item is being sold here - but with this easy checkout link (which would be our preference when marketing), the delivery option doesn't appear - only the collection. We want the buyer to choose whether or not they have it delivered or opt for collection.

I know I have delivery setup, as if they take the long-winded route (via our main Square site) they can choose either collection or delivery (albeit in a way that has, in the past, confused customers).

Any thoughts?

I do wish setting up a special menu on a specified date was an easier option in Square.

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

When I’ve don’t specials like that (valentines etc.) I did it a little differently. 

I was doing local delivery & collection, but set the products to ‘shipping’ - with the date written on the shipping options as “local delivery 14/02/2021” or “collection 14/02/2021” which seemed to work perfectly. 

I’m guessing that you’re in a similar situation as me with most of your current customers knowing who you are so will tend to read the information given? 

I agree that it would be great to have really fine level control over what’s available when etc. But there are so many very specific use cases I can’t see them all being feasible. The timed categories have been useful, but if/when that’s refined to allow it to be pre ordered rather than not showing outside of availability times then that would solve a lot of the issues I think (well, hope anyway).

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

should have said - I didn’t have them listed on the main bit of my site either. So like you want to do, I just used links to the product page & shared those directly on social media so it was kept separate from my usual menu. 

An alternative, seeing as it’s quite a simple thing to order..... could you have it as a contact form instead & send them an invoice to pay? 
So the form is set out as ‘how many people’ ‘delivery or collecection’ ‘phone’ etc. Then when it comes though invoice for the order. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for taking the time to reply, the limitations are super frustrating.

The only issue with option 1 is that we only want to delivery in a 5 mile vicinity, and the delivery option allows us to set that radius. We also want to minimise admin (i.e. invoices, chasing payments etc.) which is why we want all the transactions to go through square.

I think i'll have to just keep the user experience as it is when ordering from this page (although the fact they need to choose collection/delivery first is very counter-intuitive, but i guess needs to be that way when some items are specific to only collection and/or delivery).  

Message 4 of 4