x

Orders not being sent to printers or KDS

I've set up multiple printers and 2 KDS stations. Sometimes were noticing that an order will get sent to the printer but not the KDS and vise versa.  Before we got the KDS we were always having orders not being sent to the printer, so we thought if we got the KDS it would solve this issue but not we notice that some orders aren't being sent to the KDS.

Sometimes they're seen on the KDS but not sent to a printer? All terminals are linked to the same wifi, we even purchased a faster wifi router thinkinmg maybe our old one wasn't keeping up? I've now spent $1500 in KDS tablets and a faster wifi router to find out that the issue is still not fixed.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @ParamourTheatre,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you're having trouble sending orders to printers and KDS - this sound frustrating!

If you've not already, it is definitely worth filing a ticket with our support team to look further into this. You can also call on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri 9-5 Melbourne time). They'll be able to take a better look into your account and try and figure out where the issue is here.

It's going to be a little tough for me to troubleshoot via our Community forum (and I'm definitely not the most experienced with kitchen setups), however are you aware whether your printers / KDS iPads are assigned dynamic or static IPs? I have heard there can be issues with printer setups that use dynamic IPs (and am extrapolating that to iPads with KDS screens) - perhaps assigning each device a static IP may help here?

If this doesn't work, and our support team are not able to help you reach a solution, I can also recommend getting in touch with RetailCare. They're an IT support company / Square partner with experience setting up and troubleshooting more complicated POS setups involving multiple printers and iPads connected to wifi networks.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

@ParamourTheatre can confirm we are having the same issue with dropped dockets/kds orders.  Usually this takes the form of drinks arriving at the bar thermal printer, but food not arriving on the KDS.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your KDS, @FortressMelb! Please reach out to our support team so we can take a closer look, suggest some troubleshooting step or create a ticket with our engineers. You can reach us on 1800 760 137 from Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time, or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other"" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Message 4 of 4