x

Prepare for selling Business. Transfer Domain name Ownership, and POS Setup

Hi Team preparing to sale business, Been with Square for 3.5 years, selling soon.

Small cafe Business with Square online Setup 

Questions.

1. How can I transfer Domain name which is register with square online? (just setup for a months and paid for Domain name for 2 years).

2. If new owner will setup their account with Square, How I can transfer all Data to the new Login. ie. Items, Variation, Modifiers..... etc.

Just doesn't want to give out login to new owners 

Thank you in Advance

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @PWANSOM, thanks for reaching out!

Because Square accounts are tied to the original account owner and ABN, we definitely recommend that the new owner creates their own Square account.

If they're looking at continuing to use Square, they can still use all your existing hardware, however there will be some information that needs to be recreated on their end.

1. Check out this support article for domain name transfers. I am not very familiar with the process, but I'd say the owner should already have a set up end point to transfer the domain to, be it a Square Online store or another provider. Support may be able to help further with this

2. For items, we have a guide on transferring items between accounts via spreadsheet - though note that some things, such as Modifiers, taxes and item images are not transferable and would need to be recreated, reassigned or reuploaded once you've imported the main item list.

If you need further help from support with either or these things you call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

If you have any general questions I still may be able to answer feel free to post back here too!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @PWANSOM, thanks for reaching out!

Because Square accounts are tied to the original account owner and ABN, we definitely recommend that the new owner creates their own Square account.

If they're looking at continuing to use Square, they can still use all your existing hardware, however there will be some information that needs to be recreated on their end.

1. Check out this support article for domain name transfers. I am not very familiar with the process, but I'd say the owner should already have a set up end point to transfer the domain to, be it a Square Online store or another provider. Support may be able to help further with this

2. For items, we have a guide on transferring items between accounts via spreadsheet - though note that some things, such as Modifiers, taxes and item images are not transferable and would need to be recreated, reassigned or reuploaded once you've imported the main item list.

If you need further help from support with either or these things you call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

If you have any general questions I still may be able to answer feel free to post back here too!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Thank you @Seamus 

Message 3 of 3