x

Square register payment failure

Hi all,

Is anyone else having lots of payments fail often?

Our register is often failing splitting payments or just payments in general. While the transaction is processing, it reboots the register. 

This has happened mainly with split payments but happens with normal ones as well. We’ve lost hundreds of dollars in sales because of this bug. 

Thanks all!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@TheThrosby while I recommend contacting support to clarify specifics about failed payments, I am aware that our team are presently investigating a bug with split payments when using Square for Restaurants on Square Register - is this the same setup that you are currently using? Let me know if this is the case and I can loop back once we see a fix implemented. In the meantime we recommend avoiding split payments for now - not ideal, but it should help avoid the issues you've seen with split tickets until this issue has been resolved.

This shouldn't be the case with regular payments though. If you'd like our team to look at these transactions further, give them a call on 1800 760 137, or get in touch via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "More" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hey mate,

Thanks for the update! Its only happened I think once or twice with a regular payment but has happened at least 10-15 times with split, so I think thats definitely the issue. We may just have to use our square reader instead of register for split payments 🙂

Terence

Message 3 of 4
Admin

No worries @TheThrosby - I'll check back once I hear more on that split payments issue!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4