x

Using same domain name for different location for the restaurant

hello there, i am trying to use my existing domain for my restaurant for different location, even though I have been told its very much possible to create different location for my restaurant where also even possible to have separate menu but I am still struggling to make that happened 

can anyone help me out with the information how to set up this properly 

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @kbbqvgan, welcome to the Seller Community!

There are a few moving parts to this, so please bear with me!

1. It's possible to set up two different locations on the same website. To do this, you'd first need to create a second location from your Square Dashboard. Once this is done, you'll see the second location pop up within Settings > Pickup & Delivery on your online site overview.

Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 11.20.27.png

From here, you'll be able to enable pickup & delivery, and make sure that the location is visible on your website.You can check this by clicking Edit location > Site visibility.

Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 11.21.25.png

2. With regards to separate menus, there are a couple of ways to do this. Before we dive in, we'll want to make sure that the items are assigned to a particular location only. You'll need to do this from your Square Dashboard > Items > Item Library. Click into any particular item and check the location the item is available at. 

Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 11.24.47.png 

First option: On your website, you can create a secondary blank page for the second location. You can do this by going to Website > Edit Site > Add page

Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 11.27.02.png

Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 11.27.25.png

Within this page, add a section for Featured items. From here, you'll be able to add all the items available at this particular category.

Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 11.28.24.png

Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 11.29.03.png

This way, you'll be able to have two separate menus on the same website and customers can select which locations they want to order from.

Second option: Create a second website for the new location. This way, the menus and website will be completely separate from each other. You can easily add a second site by clicking your business name on the top-right hand corner and select Add site

Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 11.31.14.png

Once that's done, you'll need to make sure the second location's Site Visibility is set to the new site you just created. 

With this second option, you won't be able to use the exact same domainYou'll be able to create a second free subdomain, i.e. locationanem.square.site

Alternatively, if you have a custom domain, you can also create a custom subdomain for the second site to keep the branding

I hope this will help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content