x

iphone table ordering with many products

The Square standard app can do the job, but with a lot of products it's very slow to scroll/filter for the right product. Is there a 3rd party solution that is better? or is there a way you can use the iphone better? 

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Got you @simesy - I misinterpreted table service as attending to a table of customers dining over an extended period (eg an open ticket/bill)

In terms of staff at the table you're right, you'd need to go via an iPad - if practicality was the only issue here you could look at these cases designed to be used for table service or queue busting, it will actually work with iPad Minis 4 and 5. I'll also pass your feedback on to our POS team for consideration.

Other than this, you can also use Square Terminal as a pay at the table device with Square for Restaurants. Read more about this here.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

I thought for a second that Square Retail App is the way to go, but you can't seem to keep a bill open like we can in the POS, so it's useless for table service.

Message 2 of 8
Admin

Hey @simesy,

Thanks for reaching out!

Square for Retail is built for a more retail focused experience - if you're looking at serving tables and keeping tickets open you'd be looking at Square for Restaurants or the Open Ticket feature on the standard free Square Point of Sale app.

Depending on your situation, you could also look at running the POS app from an iPad rather than an iPhone if you're looking for an easier way to browse items. With a larger screen, iPads can handle items set out on a grid layout, which can help give you quicker access to commonly sold items.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 3 of 8

I feel like my question was misunderstood? Walking around tables with an ipad is not practical. Square for restaurants isn't compatible with iphones or even ipad minis. 

So the short answer is: Not possible, open a ticket ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 4 of 8
Admin

Best Answer

Got you @simesy - I misinterpreted table service as attending to a table of customers dining over an extended period (eg an open ticket/bill)

In terms of staff at the table you're right, you'd need to go via an iPad - if practicality was the only issue here you could look at these cases designed to be used for table service or queue busting, it will actually work with iPad Minis 4 and 5. I'll also pass your feedback on to our POS team for consideration.

Other than this, you can also use Square Terminal as a pay at the table device with Square for Restaurants. Read more about this here.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 8

Nice thanks for links.

Message 6 of 8

May I ask what your solution was? I assume a 3rd Party order at table platform?

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Roghey,

I can see it's your first post in the Seller Community - welcome, we're happy to have you!  ๐Ÿค—

If you're looking to reach out to another Seller in a thread, the best way to let them know is to tag them in your comment by typing '@' followed by their username. You can also reach out to other Sellers directly via private message by hovering over their username and selecting the option to Send Message.

Otherwise, let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be happy to assist. 

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 8 of 8