x

Feature Requests: Marketing basics

Hi,

I will use this thread as a running list of marketing features requests. If any of these are existing features that I haven't figured out how to use, please let me know. The following would enhance the service to us tremendously:

1) Send a welcome email when someone joins email list from the website. This is by far the most important request in this message. It's troubling that new email subscribers don't receive an immediate automatic email when they first subscribe (i.e. with a welcome message or a coupon). Please implement this as soon as possible - it's an absolutely critical bare bones feature of any email program.

2) Be able to exclude people who received a previous campaign/email from receiving the one being set up. For example, if someone received the campaign "Thanks for making your first purchase - here is a coupon" then they should NOT receive the current email.

3) Receive email notifications when new people sign up via website. Right now when a new subscriber joins I don't know unless I filter to people who joined via Third Party, then check each individual for the date that they joined.

4) Change the subject line of Reminder emails. When someone doesn't open an email, 5 days later they get the same email. This is a great feature - but the subject line should have something like "ICYMI" or "Reminder!" to make it clear it wasn't an accidental re-send.

5) Allow "Lapsed Customer" to be defined as someone who hasn't ordered in 30 days (and 45, 60, etc). The current requirement that they be a "regular" may not meet our marketing needs. Or, alternatively, allow the creation of automated campaigns for people who haven't ordered in a certain number of days, even if they only ordered once in the past.

6) Allow the fine-print on the bottom of a coupon to be edited. It currently says "available in store or via Square Online" but we may want it to be only available via Square Online, as we are closed for dine-in and prefer not to have to use the POS system to manage the coupon.

7) The sender email is "messages@squaremktg.com" - please allow us to replace this with our custom email, as well as the Reply-to being our own custom email. This would make the emails more personal, even if the "Via" is squaremktg.com.

8 ) Remove Square logo from the bottom of emails. Paid subscriptions generally allow a customer to remove that kind of branding.

That's it for now but I'll keep this post updated! But please, take care of #1 immediately. I heard from one of your reps that that feature won't be implemented until mid-2021. I would frankly drop everything else your Marketing team is working on and get this feature up before any other feature is built or enhanced.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

Is this seriously still not available in July 2022?

Message 2 of 4

Yes 😑

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

And at the same time they're releasing all of these ridiculous features no one asked for..

Whoever does the product management is either incompetent or following some greedy agenda.

Message 4 of 4