x
Beta Member

Fire/Hold Coursing

According to support documents:

Coursing Printer Settings When you fire a course, your printer stations will automatically print the order ticket to your kitchen or bar. A held course won't be sent and printed until it's fired from the ticket.

However, when we add an order to the customer's check, and we put some items on fire and some as "hold"... all the items including the "hold" items also get fired to the kitchen printer. How do i make it so that items on "hold" do not fire until we're ready to fire them to the kitchen?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @5iveSpice ,

Our team has confirmed we are rolling out our feature called "true holds," which will address your concerns. This should be available next Tuesday. 

If you have any questions please let me know. 

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

I actually heard back from the team @5iveSpice and you should be able to enable this on your end. Under your Devices > Courses, you can enable only print-fired courses. 

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Glad this was implemented. I saw it in the system few days ago (it was not an option prior) - both options were selected by default but i was able to select only print fired courses and save it and it works great now! This also helps me assure our partners that Square can be used in our other locations (they heavily county on the "hold" feature in our other locations).

Message 4 of 5

Couldn't find another thread with exactly my question, but this was a similar topic.

Is there any plan for adding the feature of a timed hold? 

For instance, you put in your order and they already told you the apps and entrees, you can fire the apps right away, but place a 5 minute hold on the entree.

No need to go back and hit fire on each item later.

Message 5 of 5