x

POS integrations with delivery partners

Hey all
i am not sure where to direct this but i know that Square and doordash can integrate without a 3rd party app.
i for one find it ridicules that we gotta pay for chowly or other apps to integrate delivery into square while clover and toast have been doing it natively .

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

We haven't used the Doordash integration feature yet because of the way our menu is set up for delivery's.

Our current setup is a Square POS stand with a Square Terminal. On the iPad we have a email account that we use just for Doordash delivery's. If we miss the incoming email from DD we get an auto call. So I know this isn't ideal because we have to then manually enter the orders into the POS. But it's a work around for now.

Message 2 of 5

I did the Doordash integration last week so far i have 2 complains about it
1. i had to duplicate my menu items because for some reason i cant change my delivery prices.
so i had to create an entire menu with inflated prices just showing on doordash, aint terrible but still.
2. I cant change anything about incoming orders because they automatically confirm once received.
cant modify anything without calling customer service , which is annoying a bit but again... 

other than that its so much better and easier than having to input every order from doordash when we are busy , now it just immediately prints out , and it the Square layout so its very clean , unlike the original doordash layout which is busy and outdated.

Hoping Square would decide to catch up to Clover and Toast and integrate UberEats and Grubhub natively without a 3rd party app..

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

We had to do the same. We just created a new tab for delivery items. Since we don't offer our entire menu it's not such a big deal. Also it works well for us when running reports.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Daedalus  - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

We currently have a direct integration with DoorDash. However, about 1 or 2 years ago, you did have to go through Chowly but that's no longer the case. You can find additional details on features and pricing here in our App Marketplace.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

cc: @perkits 

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5