x

printer connect

Is it possible to connect multiple mC-Print3s and one Ipad?
We would like to set it up that we get the same slip from 3 different devices in one order.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

@yusu you can have multiple printers and they can all print order tickets/receipts from a single ipad.  The only reliable way to do it is with wi-fi printers.  You may be limited to how many usb printers you can connect, same with blue tooth.  But I have an ipad with 4 printers associated.  One prints online order ticket receipt, another the kitchen ticket, and another the kds all at the same time.

So with that printer, just go with wi-fi or ethernet and have them go through your router and you can have a printer party.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 5

Donnie-M
Thank you for your response.
Star mC-Print3s is this. https://www.star-m.jp/products/s_print/mcprint3/manual/en/index.htm
I could connect one of them by bluetooth and other one is by ethernet.
so If I had three of them it can't connect? Should I get another wifi printer?

Actually I'd like to put the three order printer at bar, kitchen, and other place.

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

@yusu Just get all 3 as ethernet or wifi.  I would skip bluetooth all together.

Here are one of my locations and 3 of these printers are all ethernet, but a wi-fi version would look the same.

Screenshot_20220628-130530_Square Point of Sale.jpg

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 5

Thank you so much!
I will try to get wifi model.
I really appreciate it.

Message 5 of 5