x

Connect Square to Wix cart

I have a store in a Wix website, but do not have eCommerce and don't want the added expense. I'd like my customers to click the Checkout button and be taken to Square to pay.

I can't find a way to add a link to either the cart or the Checkout button and it doesn't appear to be a viable option. Has anyone else tried this and found a work-around?

If these is a way to add a link, is there a way to have the Checkout amount in the Cart automatically transfer into Square?

I'm running into a brick wall with both steps.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

HI, you have to activate the paid plan ecommerce option in Wix in order to accept payments.  

I moved from Wix to Square because of this very situation.  Square Free Plan offers all ecommerce, you just pay for payment processing.  

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 8

Hi Terri,

Tried to reply to you, but it failed.  🤔  It's pasted below. Hope it works this time.

Thanks!

Rod

Hi Goldneye and thank you for the reply. Did you move your website to Square as well or did you keep that with Wix?  If you moved to Square, was there an issue moving your domain? Are you able to use the Square online checkout with a Wix site? This is driving me nuts and I've spent WAY too much time trying to figure it out, so I appreciate the input.

Message 3 of 8

HI, I moved everything over to Square.  My domain was with a domain provider so its easy to change over.  

If you want to accept payments, Wix requires payment, then you can have any payment provider you want.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 8

Goldneye,
Got it! Many thanks. I'll take a look at Square's site building platform.
Rod
Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

Hey Rodm,

You may want to consider setting up your online shop via Square.  It's really easy to do this.  We have always had a website and have tried different ways to integrate a shopping cart - PayPal seemed to be the solution however, their policies favor the buyer more than the seller although they promote Seller Protection.  Don't believe it.  We then switched to Square, setup our online shop and linked it to our website - for the buyer, it's pretty much seamless and for us, there's a lot less to worry about.  Just some thoughts from us of course. 

Message 6 of 8

Hey "JK",

I appreciate the reply and the info. Are your item/product pages with photos, descriptions and prices within your long-time website or the Square shop? 

Rod

Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

Our items, photos, descriptions and prices are on the free Square Shop site - we simply added a Shop link on our existing site that connects to the Square Online Site - we included some graphics from our site and business so the transition is basically seamless - from the customer's perspective, it just another click to shop.

Message 8 of 8