x

Does anyone accept Sezzle in store via virtual card with Square?

So Sezzle offers a virtual card that customers can add to their digital wallet and use at checkout. Has anyone experienced a customer using this with Square? Did it work? Go smoothly? Just asking before I advertise it as an option. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@Chasity1 The sezzle card from what I understand only works if you are set up as a sezzle merchant and you are using one of their partners.  Square does not directly integrate and this is not a "real" card that can use the visa or mastercard network.

If you really wanted to accept sezzle, you would have to set up a terminal or computer to do the transaction for the final payment and then just set up an alternate tender in square and tender out the sale there like cash.  When you do your daily report you would use this "tender option" to reconcile with the sales you ran through sezzle.  Much like taking a check or an in house account per se.

Sezzle is a different animal than a credit card.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2