x

How do you pull a monthly deposit (transfer) report to use to reconcile my bank account?

Does anyone know how to pull a monthly deposit report (transfer from square to my bank account) I cannot find one

Message 1 of 33
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello @PAWS1.

Welcome to our Seller Community. Happy to see you here! 

You can find your Transfer Report directly in your Online Dashboard. This should display the relevant information for every daily deposit, including a breakdown of each transaction included in the Transfer.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Best Answer

Hello @PAWS1.

Welcome to our Seller Community. Happy to see you here! 

You can find your Transfer Report directly in your Online Dashboard. This should display the relevant information for every daily deposit, including a breakdown of each transaction included in the Transfer.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 33

I am doing one monthly manual transfer to my bank account.  When I click the transfer amount it only shows the total amount being transferred and not the detailed report for the month. Is there a way to see a detailed report of what was included in the transfer? Category sales, transfer fees, etc... 

Message 3 of 33

@JPF welcome to the Seller Community!!

With the manual transfer schedule, payments you take will accrue in your Square balance until you manually transfer them from the Transfer Overview section your online Square Dashboard. You will be able to choose how much of your total balance you would like to send to your bank account.

Funds you transfer are not directly tied to particular payments. When using manual transfers, payments are not listed in your transfer reports. To view payments taken during a certain time-frame, head to the Transactions tab of your online Square Dashboard.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 33

I guess I'm confused.  Is the only way to see what was included and broken down in the total manual transfer to still go back through and check every day individually?  I was hoping that when transferring once a month that I could run one report for that transfer that breaks the transfer down for me. Then I can break down the deposit in QuickBooks much easier. X amount in clothing. X amount in supplements. X amount in memberships. X amount in transfer fees.  

It sounds like with what you are saying that I should just switch back to the daily auto transfers and do each one individually because that is the only way to see those things broken down?

Message 5 of 33
Alumni

Jumping in for @AshleyK here, @JPF!

Can you check out the Identify Payments Included in Transfers section of this page and let me know if this is what you're looking to do? If not, let us know and we can dig in a bit more here. We'll look out for your response 

Valentina
Message 6 of 33

That is what I do.  When I look at the manual transfer for the month of May, this is what it looks like.  No data in any of the columns. SQShot.png

Message 7 of 33

Hi there, @JPF 👋 Stepping in here for Valentina. Is there any chance that you have an active Square Card? Also, what specific browser are you using when taking the screenshot above? 

Joe
Message 8 of 33

We do not have a square card and I use Chrome.

Message 9 of 33

Got it, @JPF - since we're unable to see account specific info and settings here from the Seller Community, I would recommend flagging this over to our Support Team directly when you get a chance. They can take a deep dive with you into your account to make sure this gets solved for you.

Joe
Message 10 of 33

I also see no data in the columns

Message 11 of 33

This is outdated information.... There is no "Transfer Settings > Transfer Reports"... It's changed to "Balances".  I hate the fact that it doesn't open all the transfer data.  I have to keep clicking to get to the screen I need.  Not very efficient!!

I need a fee report for each category or item. This is to make sure we are charging enough for each item we sell.  Why is this SO difficult!

Message 12 of 33

@Vstiff in order to get a report of your fees, you will need to go to your Sales report and either visit Category Sales or Item Sales. Your general Sales Summary will also break down fees paid (still under the Reports section).

If you want it broken down further from there, you can export your transaction sales report (under Transactions) and see the exact amount of fees taken out of each transaction.

Hope this helps!

AshleyK
Message 13 of 33

I need to tie the fees to a category to get the true cost of the project.  Other than clicking on each transfer and clicking on the transfer detail, I don't see any easy way of getting this detail. This is obviously a need across other businesses. I have a specific book that was sold at several locations.  In order to recoup the costs of selling the book, I have to get the fees for each transaction.  Some transactions purchased multiple items along with the promoted book.  All I want is a simple report that will give me the fees associated with the category I created for the book sale.  I don't see why this is so difficult.

Message 14 of 33

I have the exact same need. When I try to match the transfer amount to the sales the numbers do not match. Frustrating.

Message 15 of 33

I have the exact same problem. I can't figure out what is included in the balance - it does not match sales. 

I have switched back to auto for now. What a pain!!

Message 16 of 33

I figured it out. On the view all transfers page, I can select export. The export then shows all transactions for the deposits. But it only shows them by payment and transaction id, not Description. I can then use a transaction download and copy and paste the description to the deposit detail spreadsheet. Clunky but it gives me the detail I need. It sure would be easier for Square to just include the description in the transfer detail export.

Message 17 of 33

Without the "Transfer Report" link in the above post I do not see anyplace on my dashboard to get a Transfer report, export or otherwise.

Message 18 of 33
Admin

Hey @QB1978, you can generate transfer reports from the Balance tab on your Square Dashboard.

Screenshot 2021-08-04 at 14.54.46.png

If you click View all transfers here, it'll give you all the recent transfer within a set time period, and you will see the option to export your transfer reports on the right-hand corer as well.

Screenshot 2021-08-04 at 14.55.36.png

I hope this will help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 19 of 33

Balance tab from Square DashboardBalance tab from Square Dashboard

This is what I'm seeing when selecting "Balance" from Square Dashboard.  OK got it, by clicking on my business name then I can get to View All.  Thank you.

Message 20 of 33

Me neither! I keep having to look it up here. Lame!!

Message 21 of 33