x
Beta Member

How to avoid manual inventory adjustment after every sale

We have 2 brick and mortar stores and a warehouse.  The stores have floor model furniture, we sell from the respective checkout counter, and then we pull from the warehouse for delivery.  When a store has one chair on the floor and sells 4 of them, their inventory goes to -3.  We pull all 4 from the warehouse and would like 4 deducted from the warehouse inventory.  Currently we have to manually adjust after the sale to put the store’s inventory back to 1 to account for the floor model that is still there and then manually decrease the warehouse count by 4.  This would all be avoided if we could choose what location we want to sell from at the point of sale.  We would always sell from the warehouse stock until we are selling the final floor models.  The truth is nobody can keep up with the manual adjustments and the sales people have trouble reconciling negative numbers in one place with positive numbers in “stock at other locations” when a customer would like to buy, hence they may tell the customer we don’t have any or they may sell something we don’t have.  How are retailers with multiple locations handling this? I have to believe many users keep inventory at a location other than the point of sale location.  Our stores don’t have large warehouses attached to them.  I feel like everyone would have the same problem we’re having and I must be missing something.  If anyone has a solution I would really appreciate any input.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @pure!

At this time, centralized inventory is a feature request. I could suggest using the stock transfer between locations tool on Square for Retail as a workaround. If you decide to do this, you would have to track inventory on a designated "warehouse location" and move inventory on-demand when selling it on a specific store.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

We need an overstock, storage and/or warehouse option. 

I have 3 locations and a warehouse/ overstock location. No Retail sales go in and out just transfers or adding new product. 
We are a fireworks seasonal business and everything gets transferred back to the warehouse location at the end of the season.

Please add this feature!

Message 3 of 3