x

Inventory - new items not showing up online

I have added 4 new items via the "online>items>site items" page.  I have updated their inventory under the "variations" section as I have done in the past..if I am remembering correctly.  The stock doesn't show up on the list view as the other items show stock.  When I go to my dashboard and look at the same list under the "item library" i see the stock as it should be but when I go to my online shop they are not there at all.  Can someone suggest what I may be doing wrong?  Please. 🐵

Perhaps I'm not adding them correctly?  The rest of the shop was added in this manner with no issues 7 months ago.

Thanks -- Scott

Message 1 of 49
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

HI, there is a known Square sync issue.  If you are adding items during the busiest time of the day the sync / lag will be longer.  You can check them later and they should display correctly.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Best Answer

HI, there is a known Square sync issue.  If you are adding items during the busiest time of the day the sync / lag will be longer.  You can check them later and they should display correctly.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 49

I hope so, thanks.  It's been over 12 hours so I'm not sure.  I added them right on the online item page and inside the item it shows up but on the list view 1 level up they do not.  We shall see.  Thanks again.

Message 3 of 49

Nope. Sync is often taking days or not happening at all. Let's make a stink about this and get it fixed.

Message 4 of 49

This issue persists today... I have spent more than 2 hours and they are researching if there are any new bugs...  

Message 5 of 49

This issue persists today... I have spent more than 2 hours and they are researching if there are any new bugs...  This is a mess - I added items 2-3 days ago and now am on the phone with them for ~1 hour. No fixes yet...

Message 6 of 49
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @elleek 

It looks like a rep was able to help you out with this earlier. Please let us know if you are still having an issue with this on your end. 

Message 7 of 49

YES...  After 2+ hours on the phone I turned with 2 different support people (one general and one in commerce) the call was dropped.  I sent a message via Twitter. I described what was happening and still yesterday morning nothing. The 4th person knew what to do and walked me through it. It had to do with not having added the items to Featured Items on the Website on the Online dashboard.  They went one further and suggested I create a 'Shop All' page which should automatically update online when I add items on the site when I add Items through the app. I praised and appreciated this support person. This appears to be working. Please have more support people who understand this may be the issue when someone reports a 'sync' issue.  Thanks.

Message 8 of 49

Thank you for letting us know! I'm glad to hear the social rep was able to help you out. 😊

I'll also make sure to forward this feedback to the customer support teams. 

Message 9 of 49

Someone help im being listed things for a while and still dont see them

please walk me through what you did 

thank you

Message 10 of 49

Hey there @charisma

Are you still experiencing this? If so, can you share an example of an item not syncing right now?

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 49

There is a setting in the website dashboard Shared Settings -> Item Sync.  Make sure "Mark newly imported items as unavailable" is unchecked. 

mainstreetbook1_0-1626287907756.png

Message 12 of 49

I did change that setting but it didn't make a difference.  What I did do was check all the "fulfillment options" boxes and save and that made them show up.  I'm not sure why but it works now.  Thanks all.

Message 13 of 49

Sync is very messed up (I have two open bugs). I have lots of items that have never synced from Square over to Square Online. I also have a ton of items where inventory did not sync over and Square Online is showing ZERO inventory while inventory is correct in Square. 

On top of that, I think sync is the culprit in wiping out a ton of photos on items.

I'm surprised I'm not seeing more chatter in this forum on this mess. 

Message 14 of 49

I have been having trouble adding an item to my website.  It is set as "available" and I can see it on the preview version but as soon as I hit Publish, it is nowhere to be found. 😕

Message 15 of 49

Welcome to the Community, @Jemjuicery

Do you have an inventory on that item in particular? Is it only one or multiple? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 16 of 49

I am having an issue as well with adding items to square point of sale and it not showing online in items section.  It has been days and it used to work until recently.  This has happened with all recently added items. I wonder if this is the same problem or a new one?  How did you resolve it?

Heather

Message 17 of 49

Square made some ill-advised changes to sync and defaulted you to not automatically syncing. See new thread Re: Whoa! What happened to sync between Square and... - The Seller Community

You can turn auto sync back on under Items Sync, but you must agree that they sync over as "Visible," where you used to be able to sync them as "unavailable."  As you can see in the new thread, that's what makes sense to lots of users, but some Square product manager came up with a bad use case that suggested they should screw us all up.

Message 18 of 49

I am having problems with this and it is 3/27/23. I keep reading that if we make our items visible on the Item List, they will show up online. They are not. When I enter an item in my list and I enter a category that does not show up either. I have been adding them to a category one item at a time under the online setting. Now I cannot find my items, even when I search for them.

Message 19 of 49

Hey @beachy7 how frustrating! I am really sorry you experienced this as well, can I get items that are not showing up on Square online? 

Message 20 of 49

It's now May 12, 2023 and I'm having the same issue. I just added a new item to my store and it is not showing up on the website. Interestingly, if I go into the website editor to change the footers and such, the page for the new item shows up and I can edit it. But when I visit my store, it's not there. I've triple and quadruple checked everything. It's marked as visible, it is listed as in stock, etc. Nothing seems to make a difference. Very frustrating! Cannot seem to find a solution anywhere.

Message 21 of 49