x

Online Store Image Ratio keeps cutting off my photos!

Okay, I am having the WORST time in getting my photos uploaded correctly.

The image sizes are a standard 1000 x 1500 pixels.  EVERY TIME I enter a photo, the photo cuts off at the bottom...... It doesn't matter what ratio I use.......

What am I doing wrong??  Attached is an example of the photos I use!!  Attached at the bottom of this email it shows in full, but on my website it shows cut off at the bottom.

https://graces-beach-boutique.square.site/product/bet/1235

Thanks in advance!!

Grace3__bet-your-bottom-dollar-red__qty-2__2.jpg

Message 1 of 18
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Online Store Image Ratio keeps cutting off my photos!

HI, images need to be 1:1 and need to be item ratio adjusted for display on Home Page, Shop All, and individual item page.

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 7.13.47 PM.png

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

HI, images need to be 1:1 and need to be item ratio adjusted for display on Home Page, Shop All, and individual item page.

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Best Answer

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 18

How do I do everything stated in the reply?  I am not seeing those options.  Thanks

Message 3 of 18

HI, you can find it within the Edit Site, scroll down to a page with images, scroll down to Content and you should see the Image Ratio.

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 18

I can't find any of the things you directed us to.  Could you be more specific?

Message 5 of 18

HI, Edit Site, scroll down to a page with images, scroll down to Content and you should see the Image Ratio.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 3.37.40 PM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 6 of 18

@Goldneye I am having a similar issue with my category images not staying in a 1:1 ratio in my storefront. The example you provided is different than my view. Is there a way to get these 1:1? a 1:1 ratio?Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 1.16.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-22 at 1.19.16 AM.png

Message 7 of 18

HI, I am not familiar with the screenshot you posted, only the Online Store Retail Format template.  The product image itself needs to be 1:1 also, so they would need to be resized.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 8 of 18

Just picking up on this conversation. What I see is a selection of ratios and all my images lock in to the ration selected, If landscape selected then portrait is cut off. If portrait ratio selected then landscape is cut off. I have not found a way to successfully change the item shape without many steps. Seems pretty cumbersome. I'll try again.

vtartist
Message 9 of 18

1:1 sure doesn't work with my images. I have it set to 4:3. They look good in the "Shop All' listing but when you click on an image to view more info the image is cut off. Can't view the whole piece in the window to see the shape of it. Can anyone help with this??? It doesnot even help to reduce images to 7 or 800, they are presently all at 1000 x ratio.

Thank you for help with this. Julie

Workinclay.com

Message 10 of 18

I posted an image for one of my items and it appears cropped.  I resized it to 691px by 541px  and still cuts off 1/3 of the image.  How can I solve this?

Message 11 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Heya @anndei and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to one of the existing threads that goes over image sizing for the Online Store.

Check out @Goldneye's Best Answer here.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 18

I'm having the same problem with Square displayed on a Macintosh with the FireFox browser. The left side vertical window covers up a portion of each screen I attempt to access. None of the information above was helpful to me. There's no way to edit the screen that I see and the 1:1 ratio means nothing. I need to be able to see what's on the left side of the page. Also, there's no more log-out button. I have to wait for the screen to time out. I'm not talking about the online store, but the home page from which you select home, virtual terminal, Invoices, etc.

Message 13 of 18

Hi @cadvac Welcome to the Community 😊

Is your browser up to date? You can use whatismybrowser.com to check to make sure you are on the latest version. 

Message 14 of 18

According to Firefox, I'm up to date with the latest version.

Message 15 of 18

Hey @cadvac, Can you please try this on GoogleChrome as well?

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 16 of 18

Not Google. I don't use Google for anything. They track everything you do, but I did try it on Safari and it works fine, showing complete windows and not covering anything. It appears Square has a problem with the FireFox browser, at least on a Mac running the latest system. Thanks for the advice. As an aside, were you aware that Google pays Apple between $8-$12 Billion/year to have Apple include them on their iPhones and iPads? They want all that marketing info they get from monitoring those apps.

Message 17 of 18

I too am looking for how to set the ratio to something other than 1:1. The described solution(s) do not appear on the user interface when I try it. It seems 1:1 is not a very common default photo ratio for any phone or camera that I've come across. More common is 2:3. I need 4:3 to show my products without having a border on them.

The FAQ on this page describes a solution, but when I try it, the option is not visible  page: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6894-product-images-on-square-online-store

This article also claims a way to do this: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013631487#toc-style-product-images

but the link to "product size and auto-cropping options" just links to itself.

Message 18 of 18