x

Provide an item discount THEN a full-purchase discount to a transaction

I'm having trouble -- especially given the receipts do not reflect line-item discounts (which continually frustrates customers and staff):

If a customer has multiple items in their transaction, with one or more item qualifying for an ITEM discount, that discount gets override by a "% off full purchase" discount. So in the end, they seem to only be getting one discount or the other. Please help explain this and is there a workaround?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @Hommelson 👋 

While digital receipts do show line item discounts, paper receipts might be missing this information to save on printer paper. Is this your case or are you missing the discounts on items on digital receipts too?

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

hi is there a better way to print the discount info on a paper receipt?

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Check your settings in discounts tab in your dashboard. You might it set so that it will only apply 1 discount per item. If I remember correctly that’s the default and the system automatically goes with the higher of the discounts selected if there’s a conflict. So if you toggle off that discount settings then it should apply all selected discounts to items plus entire sale

Message 4 of 4