x

Square for Retail & Android

We are a new business that will have brick and mortar as well as online sales. We have an Android tablet and a Square Contactless Card reader. We want to also use Square for our online sales, but currently Square for Retail seems to only be available on Apple products. Is it useless to get a Square for Retail website if we do not have an Apple product to use the Square for Retail app? Will the in-store POS and website inventory interact at all without the Apple product?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Square basic apps are availabe on android and IOS

Square for retail is "features" available for use on the web browser platform like vendor management and cost of goods

You can still use square for retail with android

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

@horrorbookstore ;

I do not use Square's website for my online sales, but I do use Square for retail with my Square Stands for in Store sales.  My cell phone is an Android and I can see all sales and inventory etc on it and can take payments with my Cell phone with just the Android Square App.  The big difference between Square POS and Square for Retail is the ability to use a Barcode Scanner and more details in reporting.

Here is a link to the comparison of the two:

compare-square-for-retail-and-square-point-of-sale 

So if you have the Square for Retail you would be able to see more reports about Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold reports where as just having the POS you would not be able to see these on a computer in your back office.  

It's not just how the App works on the device but how it reports on a computer that you get more with, with the Square for Retail option.

So I use the Square for Retail on the Square Stands to use a Barcode Scanner at Checkout, plus to add items with the Scanner and then on my laptop I can see Cost of Goods Sold but could not with just the Square POS.  Now inventory and Items sold show up the same way and can track the inventory with both the POS and Square for Retail.  Square even has a Square for Retail Free which is what I started out with to test it.  After the Trial of Square for Retail, you have a choice to continue with Square for Retail Paid or go into the Free Square for Retail.  I found out at first I could just use the Free version, as time and my business grew I am now in the Paid version of Square for Retail with a few more benefits than the Free version.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 3