x
Beta Member

Why no abililty to enter future purchase orders for new vendors and items not in current stock?

Why do we not have the ability to enter future purchae orders for New vendors and itmes not in our current stock?  It would be great to be able to enter what we have on order and when it arrives be able to quickly transfer to inventory and print labels.  As it currently stands, the purchase order field is only for ordering additional items in stock or running short.  It would be nice to have both options.  

Thanks!

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Nah, they JUST added the funcitonality. It's in the item creation/editing screen. If you click on the modifier (assuming there's only one), it'll pop up and ask for the vendor and cost. Keep in mind this requires the Inventory Management that comes with Square for Retail.

Message 22 of 44

Hello @Mannequinatsd, welcome to the Seller Community! 

Thank you for providing feedback on Square for Retail! I think this would make for a good addition to the product. I'll make sure to pass this feature request along to our Product Team! 

Message 23 of 44

I think it would be very helpful if you can create a purchase order through the Square dashboard or retail through the Square dashboard or retail POS app for all your low stock items. And by default it would add one it would add one to the quantity of each item and you could go in and change the quantity. Also it would be nice if you could create a purchase order through the POS app on the iPad and be able to just scan items to create a purchase order. 

Message 24 of 44
Admin

Thanks for bringing this up, @jo5. I'm going to check in with our Retail Team and we'll be back with any available insight. Appreciate your patience!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 25 of 44
Admin

Update: I was able to get in touch with some folks on our Retail Team and they are aware that this is a popular feature request. I wasn't able to uncover a specific timeline for when it may become available, but we'll definitely announce any developments.

Please keep in touch as we do make iterations based on seller feedback!

️ Tom | he/him
Message 26 of 44

@Tom Thank for getting back to me on this, and glad this is going to be a feature for the future because It’s just a little time consuming to create PO’s and order low or out of stock items. I really love using Square and don’t want to use anything else but I think these features would seal the deal and be extremely helpful. Thank you so for the response.

Message 27 of 44
Admin

Understood! We appreciate you taking the time to share why this is important. Thanks again for your patience. 🙏

️ Tom | he/him
Message 28 of 44
Beta Member

I second this request, especially with holidays and being a toy store. 

Currently, I either need to print the list (ridiculously long and waste of paper) or open the square dashboard in Explorer and another in Safari. This is the only way to cross-check and ensure I'm putting in what is needed.

It would be so much more efficient to order direct from the low inventory list. Click and add – adjust – send. 

Opening each item individually is very time consuming especially when creating a purchase order with over 400 units like I did last week.

Thanks so much!

Message 29 of 44
Admin

Thank you @Littlepnuts, we'll share any updates with you here! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 30 of 44
Beta Member

I would like to utilize the Purchase Order feature with inventory management so that it automatically would add items for each vendor I use to a purchase order if the low stock alert threshold has been hit. 

At the moment I have to go through all of my inventory organized by low stock or out of stock alert and manually order by figuring out which items are from which vendor which takes longer than I would like it to. 

Unless I have missed some feature that already exists, I think this would be very useful and save a lot of people a lot of time!

Message 31 of 44
Square Community Moderator

Hey! Welcome to the Seller Community and thanks so much for posting this - as you know, it is a feature request to have low stock alerted items auto populate into a purchase order, but I really see how useful this could be. Inventory management is already a tedious job at times, and this would just take some of the pressure off. 

The best workaround I can provide at the moment is that you can duplicate an existing purchase order and edit it from there. While you will still have to double check if all the items are low on stock, it may save time if you have a consistent set of items that are always on your order list. 

I have also merged your post with an existing thread with this feature request so we can keep them all in one place. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 32 of 44
Beta Member

I know this is an older thread., but since Retail for Square is available in the states. When will this be available in Japan. It's definitely a game-changer and definitely put Square in the lead in Japan. I would pay for this feature.

Message 33 of 44
Beta Member

Need to be able to auto populate low stock items on purchase order based on vendor.

Please move this to the top of the feature request list!

Message 34 of 44
Beta Member

Yay!!! I just saw that this was done!!! Thank you! This last purchase order was a breeze since the system helped flag me to add low stock to a new PO!!!

Message 35 of 44
Beta Member

am i missing something or is this another basic function that was overlooked? You cant use the vendor code of an item to create Purchase orders? this seems like a very basic option.

Message 36 of 44
Beta Member

and doesnt seem to be a way to search for a product using the vendors item code.

Message 37 of 44
Alumni

Hey @Thegrooveshack

While you can't search your items using vendor codes, you can assign them to your products within the vendor's profile. That way, once you create a purchase order, the code will populate next to the item so the vendor knows which products to send out. 

However, I can see the convenience in simply plugging in a vendor code within Dashboard to pull up the associated item as well as an option to instantly create a PO for it.  

For now, I'm sending your ideas to the Retail Team so they consider your post when making improvements. Keep an eye out for any updates!  

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 38 of 44
Beta Member

Why can’t you create po’s from the app and why can’t you Create a po worksheet with retail price instead of cost so employees can properly and easily price products?

Tags (1)
Message 39 of 44

It's absolutely crazy that we can't create a PO based on low inventory alerts!  For that matter, you can't even VIEW the vendor code from the dashboard.  You have to open up each freakin' item to find it.  The POs need the vendor code so please make it visible and easily viewable on all screens.  In addition, for the love of God can you please give us the ability to at least export only the list of low inventory????  Especially if you can't give us these other very basic functions.

Message 40 of 44
Beta Member

Recommend someone visit the idea of changing how we add inventory into Square for retail.  Often, like me, have over 3000 items to update every week.
1.  Let us Add inventory utilizing EXCEL or CSV files so that it reflects our COGS.  Currently we can only change the item amount, but that doesn't change the COGS, just changes the inventory. We need a Column in excel that adds inventory to the current inventory to reflect accurate COGS.

2.  When we have inventory that moves every week, we are usually on our square dashboard adding those items after an order is placed.  I know I am.  Because I just don't have the time to add the items when they come into the store the day they arrive.  They go from the box to the shelf.... and I cant be on the computer at the same time.  I add the inventory before it is actually on the shelf.  Often we have products that are either backordered or didn't arrive.  but it is still reflected in our inventory as arrived.  Give us an additional option when adding inventory as in "ordered" , keeping those items in an "Ordered" cart until they arrive and we receive them.  Once the order is received, we can conduct an order inventory and maybe you can make it possible for us to "Receive Inventory" with one click or edit the "Ordered" items then click a one receive button once it is received.

3. Purchase Orders (Beta)  I think this is going to work out great.  However, for retail stores like myself where product has a moving wholesale price every week, it isn't possible to send a wholesale company a purchase order.  we physically have to go to their website, see what they have available, and order through their system.  They are not going to view our purchase order and do the work by inputting our order.  However, utilizing Purchase Order would be beneficial as a one stop and shop file for us retail outlets, where it immediately lets us know what we are running low on and need to place an order for those items.  That concept is awesome and needed.  However, i am not going to send them our purchase order.  Make it so we can see what we need without sending it and then having to delete it.  The information is needed and I am sure their are those that will need it, but for those of us that deal with changing prices and having to utilize their ordering system, make it friendly for us to utilize without sending and deleting. the order.
4.  Add a column in excel for us larger inventory to add weights to our items and link it to weebly.  Currently our online store has to add weights to individual items and their variations.  Make it so the item inventory EXCEL or CSV can give us the option of adding weights in that file format so that weebly can snag it for the online part of square..... or have weebly allow us to utilize excel to do that to our items.  There is no time to add 13,000 different weights to items individually.  Or maybe let us in weebly add a default weight to categories so it updates all of them.  they currently have an update/change all to variations to an item, should not be to difficult to write that option in for categories or to add it in a column for us to use in excel.

Message 41 of 44
Super Seller

We just started using purchase orders with our vendors in Square for Retail and have run into a headache. 

We do a monthly PO with each vendor to bring their stock of each item up to a certain quantity based on the item type. So if we need to bring them up to a total of 10, I need to know how many we have currently in inventory in order to know how many to order. If we have 4 we'll order 6, but if we're down to 1 we'll order 9. 

When creating a new PO, it doesn't pull up the items (and quantities) that have been associated to that vendor (pull from the Item Library associated to the Vendor). It would be better if this page auto populated with the items associated to the vendor and allowed us to remove or add new at the bottom of the list. It should show current quantities with a box to fill in requested quantities next to that. Our vendors frequently ask how many items we still have in stock, so the current quantities are really needed for us to keep using Square for Retail. 

And when looking at the Item Library page under the vendor it doesn't show current stock levels. It would be ideal to be able to send each vendor a list of their current stock levels at anytime with us. 

Andrea with Kei Collective - an artist collective with a shop in Phoenix, AZ

We're a Square Super Seller - We're here to help!
Message 42 of 44