x

Avery Label barcode printing not aligning correctly even with all printer settings set

I have done all the suggestions regarding printer settings. I have selected the correct label size. I have printed with system dialog, rather than the browser dialog. I have made sure my settings are set to scale at 100%. I have Disabled any setting that would Fit to print. I have used the System Print Dialog and printing at 100% to scale.

What is going on ?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

they are printing too "high" on the sheet and getting cut off. I am using Avery 8167 labels. not off brand. 

Message 2 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hey! Welcome to the Seller Community!

I checked with our engineering team and they mentioned seeing this issue when people were on safari. Can you try printing the labels from Chrome to see if the same thing happens?

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 18
Super Seller

we have the same issue.

it never prints in the center no matter what we do and we print using internet explorer on a PC

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 4 of 18

Hey DLRosenberg 👋 

This issue can easily frustrate anyone (especially a person like me that suffers from OCD). Have you reached out to the Retail team and if you did could you share their response here? I will be looking into this situation but I didn't have much luck finding reports or internal data indicating this to be a known issue. 

I will keep an eye on your reply and will be looking forward to seeing what can be done to address this issue.

JJ
Message 5 of 18

Well, in working with it more, I have noticed that it only goes off the top of the label when I try to print the SKU, product name, and price. This causes the price to get halfway cut off the top of the label every time. For me, these bits of information are the pertinent information for the label. In short, I didn't want to spend the money but I'm looking into purchasing the Zebra ZD410. I didn't want to do that but that will provide the functionality of printing a few labels at a time and prevent wasting label sheets. I wish you luck!  

Message 6 of 18

I am printing from Square onto Avery Labels 5167 (which are recommended).

When I print, the Sku isn't lining up on the label.

How do I adjust this?

Message 7 of 18
Alumni

Browser: Our Engineering Team have seen this issue when creating labels using Safari. Try Chrome. 

Scale:  Make sure your settings are set to scale at 100%. Disable any setting that would Fit to print

Orientation: Try switching printer settings to landscape if it's currently set to portrait.

@Daramurphy

Justin
Message 8 of 18

I changed to Chrome, check the settings so that it wasn't fit to page, but still did not line up on the labels.  This is a big problem.  We are trying to print prices.  Please give me other suggestions.

Message 9 of 18

I am having the exact same issue.  I have been with square for 6 years and this has just started a few months ago.  Did you find anything that works?

Message 10 of 18
Super Seller

happening to us too.. it is maddening 

Dina

Message 11 of 18

I'm having the same issue as mentioned in the thread above.  I've followed all the recommended settings and am printing from Chrome. Have any new fixes been found?

Message 12 of 18

I am having the same problems and I also hate that I can't download the labels in a file that can be manipulated so I don't waste labels when I only want to print a couple of labels. This is very frustrating. 

Message 13 of 18

Hello there @mysticalcrystal and everyone else on the thread.  

This sounds like a good question for our Retail team. If this issue has persisted after attempting the troubleshooting stated above by @AshleyK and @JustinC then you'll want to reach out directly to get these issues escalated.

They would be able to take a look at your account with you to help a shine light here, as they are able look at your account alongside you in order to pinpoint what's going on here. Please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Message 14 of 18

After wasting a lot of labels, and commenting quite colorfully on the ancestors of all things electronic, I have a solution. I am printing with a Canon TR8620 using PDF's of the labels opened with Adobe Acrobat Reader. Avery 5260 labels. I have not tried printing from Chrome. I will eventually try, but have had quite enough for now.

Print using 'custom' size (100%). Set paper size to A4. Set for photo paper. Works. Changing any of that means it will not line up. If your printer has an issue with it not really being A4, push whatever button tells it to shut up and print. 

Scott

Message 15 of 18
Beta Member

It's now January of 2023, more than 3 years since this thread started and I just wasted 6 pages of labels. Why is this still happening? If the templates aren't going to consistently work, don't provide the option. If you want us to purchase a separate label printer, just say so upfront so we can avoid this issue altogether. Also, maybe consider reimbursing us for all the time and money we've wasted while simply trying to use the services we pay for.

Message 16 of 18

Agreed - this is honestly unacceptable. @Square, why has this issue not been fixed?

Message 17 of 18
Super Seller

We use the small labels -  the 1/2 x 1 7/8" as we have products on the smaller side. As far as I know the only printers that accommodate this size label are the DYMO and perhaps a Zebra- both of which are discontinued. The DYMO is incredibly temperamental... I was told engineering was working on this as well as the ability to print bar codes on jewelry bar bell labels... still nothing.. it is frustrating because my printer has been acting up and now I have no idea what I'm going to do. I don't want a work around I just want to be able to print labels. 

Dina

Message 18 of 18