x
Beta Member

Best way to backup and restore stock counts

I need advice on the most effective way to save, and if necessary, restore my stock counts using the Excel file export/import function. The reason I need this clarity is due to an issue I've run into with my BigCommerce sync somehow resetting many of my stocks to '0'. If this happens, I need a way to simply restore from a backup.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello @rtam 👋

Sorry to hear you have issues with the BigCommerce integration. I believe you may be able to use our Import and Export tool in the Item Library to constantly have a report or file that you use in case of this issue happening again.

To download an inventory report or make updates to your inventory in bulk:

1. Visit Items in your online Square Dashboard.

2. Click Actions > Export Library.

3. In this report, you are able to make updates or changes to your Inventory and then save the file. Note: At this time, Excel (.xlsx) and CSV (.csv) file templates are the only supported file types for bulk import. Custom templates aren’t supported.

4. Drag and drop your saved file to the Import Inventory window and click Upload > Confirm > Done.

To print this information for your records, Visit Item Library > click Actions > Export Library and follow the on-screen prompts.

Note: To bulk edit or create your item library, click Actions > Import Library.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2