x
Beta Member

Is the Brecknell 6710U scale compatible with Square for Retail?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Brecknell 6710U scale not showing in Square for Retail]

We use the Brecknell 6710U scale to use with the Square Register. The scale shows up in the standard Square app on the register, however it does not seem to recognize the scale when using the Square for Retail application. Is this a known system limitation or is there a setting that needs to be enabled for the scale to work? If this feature is not available in Square for Retail at the current time, is it planned?

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello! I want to let everyone know here that the Brecknell 6710U and CAS SW-RS scales are now supported with Square for Retail🎉 

Read our Product Update to learn how to connect a scales to an iPad, Square Stand ,or Square Register running Square for Retail. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alumni

Hi @CGFarm_Pat,

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

I went ahead and looked a bit more into the compatibility of our scales and it does look like we offer the scale on our shop page here.

I will loop back in after I reach out to our Retail Team to check its compatibility with the Square for Retail specific app. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 11
Alumni

Hi @CGFarm_Pat ,

Thanks for waiting.

I've confirmed with our Retail Team that at the moment, the Square for Retail app is not compatible with a scale. If you would like to use one of our compatible bluetooth scales, please use the Square Point of Sale application in the meantime. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. Thank you!

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 3 of 11

Hi,
We need a digital scale here in Austria (Europe) to connect to an android tablet. We're using the Square POS app. The scale you mentioned from the SquareUp website can be shipped only within USA. Can we have it shipped to our Austrian address somehow? If not, is there any other digital scale that we can buy and connect to an android tablet and use it with the Square POS app?

Message 4 of 11
Admin

Hey @BioALaKarth,

Thanks for reaching out.

At the moment we don't ship internationally, and you'll find support for these scales has been built into our US and Canadian version of Point of Sale only. So it unfortunately won't work with the global version of our Point of Sale app.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help here! You'll need to manage weighing goods with a scale independently of Square.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 11

we are on version 4.14 and scales still don't work

Message 6 of 11

Two days ago, after months of trying, we reset both the scale and register and the next day when we rebooted the Square Register it recognized and displayed the scale and weight measurements.  We've been on the 4.14 software release since it came out so it wasn't a new version release or update.  Brecknell walked us through resetting the scale and I did a factory reset on the Square Register.

Message 7 of 11

Hi @Alex_ , any timing update as to when / if Square for Retail will also get USB scale functionality? Thank you.

Message 8 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey @policenauts,

If we ever get an update or have one to share- we'll be sure to update the thread! 

I can't speak on any timeframes as we just find out when you guys do for things like this.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Message 9 of 11
Beta Member

We are having the same issue. 

Message 10 of 11
Admin

Best Answer

Hello! I want to let everyone know here that the Brecknell 6710U and CAS SW-RS scales are now supported with Square for Retail🎉 

Read our Product Update to learn how to connect a scales to an iPad, Square Stand ,or Square Register running Square for Retail. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 11 of 11