x

Can I print labels directly onto cardboard price tags? Currently stick labels manually

Hello everyone!

I currently print labels using my Dymo 450, then manually stick them onto cardboard to then cut out and have them ready to be applied to clothing.

this is super time consuming, does anyone know if there’s a way I can print barcodes and all necessary info directly onto some sort of cardboard price tag? It would save us a huge step if we could print a bunch of tags, then just have to cut them out.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

I don't know of any label printers that will accommodate the thickness of cardboard.

@FriperieND

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

I know, it’s crazy - surely big stores aren’t sitting applying labels by hand to their tags all day long though are they?

Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

No there's surely a printer 😅

Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Hey @FriperieND ,

If you ever find a printer or have a printer to print on cardboard, and it can print from pdf, you could ask square to print your label and at the printing window, save it as pdf.

SamuelDesgagne1_1-1614606527558.png

That's how i got my brother Ql-800 working with square.

Would be nice thought to have multiple size proposition of label even if it doesn't fit with a specific printer @Square

Varieties of size are not that great. Would like a more horizontal size.

SamuelDesgagne1_0-1614606426104.png

Hope that helps!

Message 5 of 7

Great tips, thanks!

Overall how has your experience between with using barcodes with Square, anything you’d do differently going back?

Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

Honestly i'm still in testing phase. I have difficulties with the pricing by location thing as i have location for event that last 1 month, location for invoices only... I made a thread on that if you want to look and if you have any answer for me! 

sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-for-Retail-Group/Square-for-Retail-Plus-Pricing-per-location/td-p/248435

Barcode printing will be a little problem for me as a lot of my product already have barcode. I will use it only for product that don't have them and to label the "shelf". I would love more of a "size label" listing than a "fixed size based on real existing label".

Message 7 of 7