x
Beta Member

Can't enter partial quantities on PO's

I've mentioned this to Jessica before, but I'm writing it here to get it logged and hopefully follow on with progress.

I started off using the POS app and defined a quantity 'kilograms'. 

As I sell food loose by weight, I sell in fractions of quantities (1.5kg, 0.05kg, etc.). Some of my stock is also sold in fractions of kg from my suppliers - dried fruit frequently comes in 12.5kg boxes. Nuts from California come in 50lb boxes which is 22.68kg. Chamomile Tea is in 300g (0.300kg) bags.

The PO feature is great in a lot of ways, but I can't get correct quantities into inventory or have my costs reflected correctly because I'm only allowed to enter whole numbers into the Qty column. 

You didn't name it 'Square for Retail of Items Sold in Whole Numbers Only' so I hope this is on your radar already and hopefully scheduled for an imminent release!

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Thanks for sharing this here @the-refill-lady! The Square for Retail team is aware of this feature request but I really appreciate the extra detail you've shared to show how this directly affects your business. I can't share a timeline for when this might be available but we'll update this thread when we have any news to share. Thanks again!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content