x
Beta Member

Checking out non-business transactions at checkout?

Greetings,

We have a boutique that occasionally has sidewalk sales with product that isn't owned by the business. If the customer wants something from the sidewalk sale, they carry it inside the shop and we check it out in Square using a specific Item called 'Sidewalk Sale Item'.  This item doesn't include tax.

My Questions:

• What is the best way to handle this transaction in Square?
  • Is there a way to flag it as being associated with a different location even though it's being checked out through the boutique's Square account?
  • Is there some way to flag the money as non-business related when it flows into our bank account?
Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

This wouldn't be possible using the Square Point of Sale app, @Flopbot.

You would simply need to log out of your Square account, and upon logging back in you would select the newly created location. This is currently the only way to move between two locations while using the Square Point of Sale app. I hope this helps clarify how this would work! 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hi there @Flopbot 👋

I likely can't provide a straight answer for your first question, as this is up to you! Let's walk through and see if I can help point you in the right direction though. 

My best advice would be to create a second location within your Square account to keep these sales separated from your boutique sales. This is probably the best answer for all of the questions you've asked above. Take a peek at this article that explains how to manage multiple locations, and let me know if this isn't what you're looking for! 

Valentina
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Thank you @Valentina for your reply!  Do you know if there is a way to sell an item for a different location through the same Checkout screen as your normal/default location?

For example, if I'm in Checkout for Location A, I'd simply click on a CATEGORY and all the items (or at least some of them) technically belonged to Location B.

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Best Answer

This wouldn't be possible using the Square Point of Sale app, @Flopbot.

You would simply need to log out of your Square account, and upon logging back in you would select the newly created location. This is currently the only way to move between two locations while using the Square Point of Sale app. I hope this helps clarify how this would work! 

Valentina
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Valentina,

Thank you for the info.  I understand Square a little better now!

Message 5 of 5