x
Beta Member

Customer Display stuck on error logo (!)

Customer Display for Square Register only showing an error icon (exclamation point in a circle). 

The register says it is connected via the cord, and power is working.

We've tried: attaching it directly and via the cord, unplugging and restarting the whole system, and going on and offline.  When it loads, the Square logo shows, blinks and then we get the error circle. 

I've tried looking in Troubleshooting, the community posts and Google, but can't find anyone with similar issues. 

Support isn't available until Monday. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

@NatesCoffee I'm sorry to hear about this. It definitely sounds like the customer display needs to be warrantied. You should have 24/7 support for having a Square Register, so I would try reaching out to support again. You can reach out directly to Customer Success at 1-855-700-6000. Please keep in mind, you will need a customer code to get an advocate on the phone. Here is the link to get that code: squ.re/howtocontact

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

I called that number and it told me help was only available M-F 6a-6p and then hung up on me. Will try again now. 

Message 3 of 5

Did you ever got your problem solved? Im having the same issue where the error logo (!) doesn't go away even after following the troubleshooting guide.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @MoisesCardenas

Welcome to the Seller Community and sorry that you're here because you ran into trouble with your Square Register.

If you haven't already, your best bet is to get in touch with us directly, so that a member of our Hardware team can dig in with you and warranty your customer display if possible. When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5