x

Dashboard Feeback

First, it's obvious Squareup doesn't really care about user experience/feedback otherwise they would give a menu selection for this. I'm sure it's just me that doesn't realize that they have created the perfect application.

My retail operation processes numerous transactions each day. We use Quickbooks for our accounting and Squareup to take the money. Now we have to reconcile the two applications, i.e., when it's time to deposit the Squareup transactions we have to select the transactions for that day, deduct the processing and get a net deposit. With the convoluted process Squareup has, you can see the daily transactions but then you have to jump back and forth between Transactions and Balance to derive the actual net deposit and the processing fee amount. What a hassle. Secondly, they show you the Gross of the transactions for the day then deduct the processing fee and they call that the Net Sale for the day. Really? Net is after deductions.

Why can't the entire daily transaction be on one screen? Each transaction, then the processing fee deduction, wa la, the deposit? Just like an accounting program - Gross Revenue minus COG/Expenses = Net Income. Unless of course as users we are charged for how many buttons we have to select to get to the answer.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Welcome to Seller Community, @TK-BBPG, and thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. 

Are you using our Quickbooks sync integration, or are you exporting your transactions to a CSV and then importing yourself? If you're doing it yourself you might want to consider trying the sync integration instead. I recommend taking a look at the Quickbooks sync FAQ since it covers a lot of the questions you might have about that.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 2