x

Dymo prints blank labels

Just received the Dymo LabelWriter 450 Turbo - installed to MAC computer and when I go to Dymo app, I can print a label perfectly but when I go to Square to print barcode for an item, it prints blank. Any suggestions?? 

Message 1 of 13
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

@lann12 Helen here from the Community team. Can you try these label printer troubleshooting steps? If the labels are still blank reply here and I'll escalate this to the Retail team for you.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 13
Beta Member

Best Answer

Took me about 6 hours and then I finally gave up. Went and sat on the porch feeling defeated and then it hit me. The margins! Adjust the margins in your PDF to the size of your label and they will print.  Hope this helps someone, I couldn't find this answer anywhere.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Super Seller

I'm pretty sure there are only a couple supported Dymo label sizes... 30345, and 30346. Are you using a different size?

Message 2 of 13

I am using 1738595 which is listed on the drop down menu when you print from Square?

Message 3 of 13
Admin

Best Answer

@lann12 Helen here from the Community team. Can you try these label printer troubleshooting steps? If the labels are still blank reply here and I'll escalate this to the Retail team for you.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 13

I am having the exact same issue with the same label size/format.  Was there any resolution?  Thee troubleshooting guide did not conclude.  

Message 5 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hey @ncalvin and welcome to the Community.

If you've exhausted all the troubleshooting steps above- I'd recommend reaching out to our Retail team directly for a closer look. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 13
Beta Member

Did anyone ever answer this questions? The troubleshooting tips did not work. My new Dymo Labelwriter 500 is printing blank labels.

Message 7 of 13
Beta Member

Hello-

I am new to Square and have recently just finished entering thousands of items into inventory for my new retail store. I purchased the DYMO LabelWriter 550 as suggested in the, "Create And Print Barcode Labels With Square For Retail" support article.

I connected the label printer and tested it to make sure it's working properly. I went to my "Item Library", clicked "Actions" and then, "Print Labels". I selected the compatible label size "Dymo 30334" and also checked three of the boxes, "SKU, Price and Item Name".  I selected a few items by category and then clicked, "Create Labels". I have the choice to either, "Print Labels Now" or "Download PDF". 

I have tried both options but no matter what I do, I'm getting blank labels. It seems like printing barcodes should not be this difficult. Please help me figure out what's goin on. I open my new store in a week.

Thank you

Message 8 of 13
Beta Member

Best Answer

Took me about 6 hours and then I finally gave up. Went and sat on the porch feeling defeated and then it hit me. The margins! Adjust the margins in your PDF to the size of your label and they will print.  Hope this helps someone, I couldn't find this answer anywhere.

Message 9 of 13
Super Seller

Sometimes its best to give up and let your mind just pop an idea or 2 in your head.  Ideas you would not think of looking at when you mind is looking at one thing. It's great that your mind points you at something different  when you walk away.   Had this happen many of times with different things and then the Light Bulb pops on with something simple that I should have seen but was focused on something else that I thought was the problem.   Did adjusting the margins in the PDF fix your issue?

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 10 of 13
Beta Member

Yes, adjusting to margins in the .pdf fixed the issue.

Message 11 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community, @freethinkerstx 

I merged your other posts to this thread, and marked your solution as a Best Answer. Thanks so much for sharing your troubleshooting tips with the community! I'm sure this information will come in handy for other sellers that happen to experience the same situation. 

Thanks again! 

Message 12 of 13
Super Seller

This is what I did to fix blank labels printing.When you select the barcodes to print and the next page that appears says print now or download pdf. When you select print now the print screen will pop up. Make sure you have changed the appear size from Letter to the size label you are using. My size is 1 inch wide, 2.25 inches long. When I changed that the labels printed correctly.

IMG_0278.pngIMG_0279.jpeg

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 13 of 13